Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Cheri

I am ex military. I would not accept his apology because it is NOT sincere. He had this written by someone with a brain. Anybody can read anything off a piece of paper. Hes a thug and this is what Rap represents!

Rapier

Assuming that the apology is legit (and that's a stretch), note that at no time does he say the he'll retract the song from any and all playlists or download sites like Apple and such. It means that people will still download it and he'll make money off this piece of garbage. I hope that the distributors are hit with protests over their willingness to make a buck off it as well.

Bobby

Jump on a plane and go do some USO shows. The deployed troops can sure us it. Apologize with actions, not just words and forgiveness will take care of itself.

Jackie

HEY "SOULJA" Boy, they need to let you go over there and fight for your own freedom forget an apology letter like you said your an artist blah blah blah is all i read

bullock512

He's sorry that it may have cost him his career not for what he said. He's a poor excuse for an American and if he can't stand behind our troops he should feel free to leave the country the DIE to protect.

Darla

If he's really sorry, he'll join the Army! Or give all the proceeds from sales to a military charity. Or just do everyone a favor and kill himself.

Ann

They are more than a man then he will ever be. I will tell you what they are fighting for....this punks freedom to rap his nonsense and spew his nonsense out of his mouth. He is allowed to say whatever he wants because our military fights to secure this freedome for him. Yes, they gave him the freedom to be stupid, looks like he is exercising that freedom extensively. What an ingrateful little boy.

Melissa

You're just apologizing because you pissed off a lot of people. There was plenty of time to change the lyrics before you went to the recording studio, and there were plenty of people who heard it and read it before it was released. You need to do better than just "I'm sorry".

Charmange

Hey Soulja Boy, you if you don't want to stand behind the troops PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

AyeJay

He's only apoligizing because he caught backlash. I bet if everyone was like "yeah, he's right!" he would of been like "yeah I said it." Apology NOT accepted, and Soulja, your music sucks anyway.

Lauren Ashley

Grew up post 9-11? Then he can just sit down and shut his mouth. Have him watch the news reports from 9-11-2001 on repeat, then let him speak. What a moron.

Harry

Yeah... Like this illiterate punk could compose an articulate letter. Give me a break! I only believe he composed "damn" and "homeboy!"

myra

i signed the petition for Army and Air Force Exchange Service: Stop the sale of Soulja Boy's memorabilia. we need a few more hundred signatures...almost there

myra

i signed the petition http://www.change.org/petitions/army-and-air-force-exchange-service-stop-the-sale-of-soulja-boys-memorabilia

TruthHurts

He just didn't want to get his ass kicked. Boycott this punk!!!