Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

LT

Seriously? This ****tard is still breathing when better men aren't. **** the little spoiled bitch. Somewhere along the line his 'song' ways given the go ahead and no one put a stop to it. He states he doesn't know what the fighting is about... really? What a ******* douche. Google September 11, 2001. Then go have someone read him The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades). Well written and thoroughly researched. Damn Oxygen Thief.

Diane

PR people working double-time on this jerk.....

Dia

Tell that to my son in law (who was two weeks away from his 21st b-day & coming home) with six of his friends who lost their lives when an bomb struck their Bradley & horribly killed them all.

While he talks about the people here, really what have you done in helping some of these people here out. He is a prime example of those kind of people who have no clue & only sorry when someone else points it out to them - and now wants to save face. I say save it, we already know the truth!

Stacey

I don't believe this came from him at all. He took the time to write the lyrics, and then made a video so he meant everything that was said. It's not like it just came out so quickly while he was rapping in studio. He is an IDIOT and needs to grow up. Turn on the news, read the newspaper, see what is going on in this world. He talks about 9/11 and then wants to know what we are fighting for?? We are fighting for the lives that were lost in those attacks on us, we are fighting to try and get those countries under better government so that attacks like that don't happen again, so they realize that it's NOT okay! If he wants to know why the troops aren't home yet, he needs to ask OBAMA because if i remember correctly, one of the many things that he promised during his campaign yet hasn't been able to pull through on, is that he would bring our troops home immediately and put a stop to the war. Well he has been President for almost 4 years so what's he waiting for?? I don't like the war anymore than anybody else, but i am glad that we stood up for our country & the people of the USA!

Melissa

Ididot! Just go away! You suuuucckkkk..

bunny

I understand where he's coming from but people really have issues with people speaking their minds when it comes to war. We are supposed to be happy people are brainwashed and following their commanders demands and we will be happy because if we aren't, we aren't Americans. Soulja has to deal with it like everyone else or else his career is over, like it appears to be.

Shellylowg

I am a veteran of both the Army and Navy. I found the lyrics to be very disrespectful. I agree the apology is just to clean up his mess, what I DON'T agree with is the way people are making racist and violent comments. Our military is made up of all nationalities, who fight for EVERYONES freedom. When you leave racist remarks you are also offending the very people of the same race who are fighting for YOU as well! As far as the violence, what he said doesn't justify death being wished upon him. It's okay to express your anger over his remarks but let's not display the same mannerisms of the very people we are fighting AGAINST...God Bless us ALL!!

Pimpcessa

OMG, SB is now tweeting that he is communicating with President Obama via email, about this whole sitch. Additionally, he claims that he didn't mean he doesn't respect the Army, but felt that the government should have spent the money on education instead of the war....

Ok, now who the hell thinks this guy, with the dialogue he uses, cares on bit about education?? Homey can't even speak english correctly!

Just Saying

Obviously written by a PR guy. If he feels so sorry, why doesn't he donate ALL THE PROCEEDS from his album to War Veteran Affairs. How lucky this punk is to have been able to capitalize on his "soft" living. He should enlist instead of spewing out hatred. Bring back mandatory service so that young people will learn what they can do for their country in stead of what their country can do for them!

Kelly

Just the first two years of Obama's failed stimulus cost more than the entire cost of the Iraq War or six years of that war.
We have spent 10 times on education then on the wars, we have spent tillions trying to lift the econemy and we are where we are.
Had there been no war we would be where we are today, War sucks but it's not war its broken Govt, broken system.
We pour good money down a broken pipe and expect it to reach the bottom, That pipe has been broken for so long we can't patch it up any more and expect to see lasting funtion with or without war.

T

F*** you B*tch. You're a p*ssy with a big mouth and no f*cking brains.

Luz

No, I don't forgive "Soulja Boy". When he wrote those lyrics he knew exactly what he was saying. If he wants to express his feelings, he should do it in a creative way that sheds light in people's minds. The soldiers that are fighting in the war, had no choice than to go fight, and they don't need this kind of anxiety thrown at them! That was very insensitive.

asdfghjkl

seriously only 22% forgiven on the poll? out of all the "offensive" songs that cover rape, murder, hate, endless other topics that nobody ever cares to create loathsome posts about, this guy disses the military and you people go off? freedom of speech. get over yourselves. i'm not defending soulja boy or his music... i'm just sayin'

Ya Mon

Another dumbsh%^t Rapper puts his foot in his mouth! wow surprizing! they should force him to drop the "Souljah" from his stage name and just call him "Boy" then make him shine all the soldiers shoes.....hahahaha Boy.

gmr12508

"I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times" - Wow, that man has seen alot of combat!