Soulja Boy

Apologizes to U.S. Military

'I Am Deeply Sorry'

9/6/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_soulja_boy_bn
Soulja Boy
says he "let my words get the best of me" when he released a new rap video saying, "F**k the troops" ... and now he's issued a full apology to the entire U.S. military.

Soulja Boy just posted a new blog on GlobalGrind.com ... titled, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

In the post, Soulja writes, "As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong."

"When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them."

He adds, "So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

As TMZ first reported, several military vets lashed out against Soulja Boy after he released the rap ... with the lyrics, "F**k the FBI and the army troops ... fighting for what? Be your own man ..."

Check out Soulja's entire apology letter after the jump ....

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy

Craig

This man is full s***. If he had issues with the two wars fought, and their adverse affects on the economy, he would aimed his lyrical criticism at the lawmakers that sent them there. These fine men and women in our army are only following orders and not to be blamed. Chances are he did this to put himself back in the spotlight. I think a real soldier needs to have a sit down with soulja and show him what's up.

Ken

As a Marine...F*ck you! Your a little b*tch, and I would work you over in the streets. You little punk, you got lucky with a few songs and now I am joining the tirade to make sure you go broke and everyone drops you. Soulja Boy's forecast:No more radio play and storm of repossessions... Enjoy your 55million plane, I'll wait for at auction. Your time is up in the music business. You little fake wannabe thug..YOUR A B*tch

Ken

As a Marine...F*ck you! Your a little b*tch, and I would work you over in the streets. You little punk, you got lucky with a few songs and now I am joining the tirade to make sure you go broke and everyone drops you. Soulja Boy's forecast:No more radio play and storm of repossessions... Enjoy your 55million plane, I'll wait for at auction. Your time is up in the music business. You little fake wannabe thug..YOUR A B*TCH!

Squiggles

I don't really see a need to apologize. For what? For criticizing a war that has thrust this country into trillions of debt? For a completely NEEDLESS war against a country that hadn't done anything to warrant an invasion? I'm astounded that despite freedom of speech one can not criticize the military without immediately being stoned for it. Why should it be a sacred cow? Apply criticism where it is needed, and use your brain to think independently. That too protects our freedoms; regurgitating uber-patriotic phrases doesn't.

shane kruchten

Im a US MARINE COMBAT VETERAN and would love to say, usually sorry is generally accepted across the board this one is NOT ACCEPTED! I think you are a degenerate piece of **** for even thinkin for a second you would be able to say this. Im a professional fighter and have a match comming up in LA on October 29th. I invite you to find me on twitter @ SKRUCHTENMMA and show up to face me. There are rules so unfortunately youll half to actually fight alone and for yourself. But rest assured Im fighting for all Military past,present and Future. So please show up and let me show you what and how hard a Military individuals life really is.

vnvgirl02

Hey Soulja, you haven't seen ANY soldiers die because you're not there. Oh and be your own person? The men and women who are in the military are very much their own person, but that is what they want to do with their life. Your music sucks and you're a joke. Maybe you should be thanking those men and women and their families who would be willing to give up their life for you. Would you be willing to do the same?

Thomas K.

A punk wuss that couldn't carry the bags for a fighting U.S. Marine.

Is he really a grown man that has "boy" in his name. What's up with that? All tatted up, he's ready for prison.

todd hilley

F-you boy and Al Sharpton , Jesse Jackson and all the liberal singers too.

shane kruchten

Shane Sheibani

What is happening to our once great country? Dr Shane Sheibani

Casey

How about you take some of that paycheck and do something useful for the troops instead of spending it on cars and clothes. Better yet, go ahead and enlist and IF you even make it thru basic then get deployed. I bet you won't be saying F the troops again.

wayne

OK put your pocketbook where your mouth is. Kill the Video and donate all monies made so far to the armed forces.

cjs

I'm NOT sorry I called you an IDIOT !

Pimpcessa

I find it even more disgusting that, after this supposed heartfelt apology, this man has completely contradicted his apology on twitter. He's not sorry, and his tweets indicate exactly that! He even tweeted he was emailing back and forth with the President. As if Mr Obama has nothing better to do than discuss our economy with an uneducated rapper with a wus complex...

Roberto

He should change his name to "I'm afraid to fight for my country so you do it for me" Boy. What a coward.