Soulja Boy

Army-Bashing Song

WON'T Be On My New Album

9/7/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0906_soulja_boy_military_getty_ex_2
Soulja Boy and his management team are SCRAMBLING to remove all traces of the rapper's army-bashing song from the Internet -- and they swear ... it won't come anywhere near Soulja's new album.

A rep for Soulja's management team, Debby Coda, tells TMZ, both the rapper's management and his record label have been working nonstop since Friday to take the video down off the Internet.

Debby tells us, the song "Let's Be Real" was hastily and foolishly posted to the Internet -- and was never approved for any album, including his upcoming "Respect My Hustle."

Debby insists, the song will never be available for purchase.

We're told Soulja is willing to do whatever he can to make up for the song -- which contains the lyric "f**k all the army troops" -- including free shows for the military, and meet-and-greet sessions.

As we previously reported, Soulja has apologized for the song, blogging, "I Am Deeply Sorry To All Members Of The United States Military Services And Their Families."

0907_stars_soldiers_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

lisa

i really like it how when someone famous says something or sings something "offensive" and everyone has to talk about it and never let it go, but when some random person says the same thing people might get mad but eventually forget about it or at least not make a big deal about it. everyones human and makes mistakes, just like all of you have, probably more than once.

chris

I dont care what your willing to do to make up for what you said you cant take that back dbag i dont want to see your free show but i would like a meet and greet toe to toe

MyHumbleOpinion

So, he apologizes for posting the song, but doesn't say anywhere that he "didn't mean" what he "sang". So, the song may not be on his next album, but, HE will never be on my playlist!!

BigSoldiersLittleSister

If he so ignorantly believes that the troops will be welcoming him with open arms for his "free shows", he is sadly and utterly mistaken. If my older brother was not deployed Afghan right now, he would beat this boy's face in. I come from a military background, and literally every male in my family is an Army veteran (dad, step dad, godfather, 3 cousins, all my grandfathers, you get the picture) he has disrespected not only my family, but also my big brother's wife and two baby girls. This "Soulja Boy" who thinks he can say whatever it is he wants is quite naive to that fact and will pay for his arrogance. The nerve of this man, no, this boy who is merely a One-Hit Wonder puts me on edge. I may only be a teenager, but I have the decency and the understanding to know that what this person did was wrong in every form of the word. My brother fights for his country with loyalty and honor, so shame on you Soulja Boy!

angela dilly

What a lyer this song is all over youtube if he were trying to remove it or have it banned then it would have been band from there at the least videos get banned from there all the time. What a fraud he did this just for publicity and hurt a lot of peoples feelings and made a lot of people angry just to TRY to get money well he got noticed but I pray it makes his record sale***** bottom. His apology was a scam as well or he would have never released it. It takes a lot of thinking to write a song and go through all the motions of recording so he had plenty of time to think it through and still made a terrible choice.

CS

How about an apology to any military member past or present in any country not just the United States. What an idiot! Hate the war fine but; not the soldier that lays down his life for yours.

Jose

There is nothing he can do to fix this idiotic behavior. I will never buy his music or promote anything he does. This fool has no idea of reality. DON'T BUY HIS MUSIC.

J.R. Kent

Who would want to meet with this guy? He's an idiot for even thinking about writing a rap that bashing troops. How can you disrespect all those brave souls who have died for this country. Dumb.

princessb871

Way to Late! You are only doing this because you are trying to save your carrer. I will never listen to anything you ever sing. I will change the station or the channel. You should learn a little history from others that have gone after patriots. Ask the Dixie Chicks......

JayCavScout

We don't want your free shows. You say you're a man and fight your own battles. Grab an M-4 and defend your freedom from terroism.

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18