Cher to Chaz

I Got You Babe!

9/7/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0905_cher_ex_tmz_2

Cher will make a surprise appearance on "Dancing with the Stars" to support her son, Chaz Bono ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with both Cher and Chaz tell TMZ ... the criticism over a transgender contestant has given Cher even more resolve to stand behind Chaz.

Cher is not saying which day she'll show up, but has made it clear she will be in the audience for at least one show.

And, we're told, Cher's motive is NOT to drive votes for her son -- rather to make a statement of support and a statement against what she considers to be bigotry.

0907_chaz_bono_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

linda

i cant believe people always think someone is a bigot just because people dont believe the same as someone else.!! i also believ when someone is born a man, or woman they have a problem in there head if they want something else. doesnt make sense to me.!! chaz was born a girl... not a guy. just because you are fat you want to be a guy.???? what man would want this.??? or what women.???

linda

I CANT BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE IS BORN A WOMAN.... AND THEN CHANGES SEX. WHO AM I TO JUDGE. ALL I KNOW IS PEOPLE SHOULD LEAVE THE PERSON ALONE TO HIS OR HER OWN WAY OF LIFE.

KnuckleDragger

You want to know why people have a problem with this? It's called having it put in your face. Sure, everyone knows there are those that feel they're "in the wrong body", but...you don't see hoards of people with pitchforks & torches going house to house trying to root them out. We should all go by the axiom, 'Live and Let Live'. It's when Frankenstein's lets himself out of the castle and goes parading around the town that we have to lock up the innocent children.

When you push your agenda on people...expect to catch some flack!

I'd like to go around naked all day...but others would rather not see me that way. I can accept that...and I understand their concerns. Think about it...you can get arrested for walking around in public nude.

KnuckleDragger

"So, little Chasity, can you tell the class what YOU want to do when you grow up?"

"I'd like to have sex with other girls, then cut my tits off...then addadìcktome!"

"Well...isnt that special."

her

"What she considers to be bigotry." Yeah, because certainly it is not actually bigotry. A quick glance at some of these responses is evidence of that. (/end sarcasm)

AnnieSH

Just because you dress like a man, act like a man and modify half your body to look a man, does not make you a man. If YOU think you're a man that's one thing, but to think that everyone else must play along and humour you is another.

elpablo

She's got something alright, and that's a very sick and confused daughter. She failed as a parent in that she never got her daughter any help.

ML

Cher AKA Kat Von D in twenty years...

THE BEAVER

red: 22 hours ago

GO CHAZ ! And good for you, Cher. A mother's love knows no gender. Chaz will have my votes. I admire him so much.

They say love is blind, but come on, we are talking of what is right and wrong here. Not whether Cher loves her or not.

syd

the ignorant and bigoted comments on this article drive me crazy !! Chaz didn't just wake up one day and decide to be a man. He was born transgendered. Because of people making comments like you guys is the reason why people end up living their whole lives afraid and ashamed of who they are !! That's a much bigger crime than someone getting a few surgical procedures (Which may I add aren't hurting anyone!) Do on to others as you would like done on to you. How would you feel if you weren't allowed to openly be yourself without being criticised? If Chaz is happy who he is and isn't hurting anyone why would that be offensive? I think it's great that he's got the courage to do this because it goes other transgendered people (and people of any minority) courage and strength to be who they are. I am behind cher 100%. It's about time everyone stopped living in the stone age.

dg101

Wait, Cher has a SON, too? Last I heard she only had a daughter with mutilated genitals.

mom

of course Cher doesn't agree w/ Chastitys' choice! Obviously, she has to support "it" because of all the press it has generated.

Gibb1985

How do you Cher haters know what kind of mother she has been? From what I see Cher has had an amazingly sucessful career with no drugs, drama, or hateful behavior. I have seen Cher in person twice and she is very beautiful and she is kind. So may you close minded little people - rot you know where. PS. I am sure "countlygal" is a real looker!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7