'Austin Powers' Villain

LIFE IN PRISON

For Torturing Woman

9/9/2011 12:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0829-joseph-hyungmin-son-mugshot

The actor who played bad guy Random Task in "Austin Powers" has been sentenced to life in prison for his role in the brutal gang rape and torture of a woman on Christmas Eve in 1990.

Joseph Hyungmin Son
had been found guilty of felony torture -- for an incident in which a young woman was kidnapped, shoved into the back of a trunk ... and then raped and sodomized multiple times by Son and another man.

During today's hearing, an Orange County, CA judge ruled that Son may become eligible for parole during his sentence.

The victim, who wishes to remain anonymous, released a statement to the court saying, "My emotional scars are intense. My twenties were stripped from my life as I relearned how to walk, see, hear and cope with the outside world again."

She adds, "Joseph Son not only cost me my job at my salon but also my college savings ... not to mention the impact it's made on celebrating Christmas year after year."

Justice_4_Kelly

He would have gotten less if he killed her.

OooooNooo!

Why would you ever consider parole for this animal?

whatevs

I hope he rots in prison....

sky

Groovy Baby --you'll have a lot of time to relive this with your new celli , BUBBA

Nikkcolle

I hope he gets the same exact treatment while locked up. What a douche bag.

phyuck

Unless he is executed, justice hasn't been served.

Trevis Miho

I'd randomly throw a shoe at his face on a weekly basis until he killed himself...Austin Powers is the sh*t.

Joao

He got life [and that's good], the former Playboy bunny got 7 YEARS for MURDER [that's not good]

jmak2011

I hope he's getting what he deserves right now. What a PIG, I hope his son and the other s***bag gets the same punishment.

Different Rules Apply

First, cut off his d(*k, then leave him bleeding attached to a tree in the woods for the "other" animals to torture...life in prison is a cake walk compared to what he did to this woman. The Devil is alive and well.

jessie

I am confused. How on earth did this happen in 1990 but he is ONLY just now being sentenced? I think TMZ has missed out a huge portion of this story.

moso

Good to hear.. I hope he gets what he deserves in prison.
but the justice system is *****// How can a murderer get less? and he gets life??? At least he's going to pay for what he did...

Bob

Dexter needs to pay this s*** a visit

JR

WOW, well I hope she is happy now that she has destroyed this very talented actor...

bunny

I hope the same thing happens to him in prison. Over and over and over and over and......

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments