Moby

I Can Celebrate My

9/11 Birthday Again

9/11/2011 6:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0911_moby_video
Birthdays for Moby are bittersweet -- because the native New Yorker was born on September 11, 1965 ... and he told us yesterday it took him a few years after 9/11 to begin to celebrate his birthday on that day again.

But Moby says he's come to grips with what happened and is able to celebrate it now, saying, "It's been 10 years and a lot of NYers ... I think we grieved for a while, but it happened a while ago. So I think we've sort of left the grieving behind."

And now you'll never forget ... Moby's birthday.

Mazor

Get over it. It was 10 years ago. Move on for Christ's sakes.

tanker

WHAT?!!! Moby you are a total moron...I dare you to tell that to the family and friends of the nearly 3000 people who died on 9/11 I can't believe you're that stupid but I guess you are. #FanNoMore "It's been 10 years and a lot of NYers ... I think we grieved for a while, but it happened a while ago. So I think we've sort of left the grieving behind."

croc

a lot of people were born on 9-11. so what.
a lot of people were born on hitlers b-day too. so what.
YOU were born. so celebrate it. idiot.

John

If we forget Moby's birthday, the terrorists win.

Donna

Happy Birthday Moby! My birthday is also 9/11. N I'am also a New Yorker.

Jopazo

I have never commented on here before but read all the comments written throughout the years. I felt it important to finally voice my opinion because of what that four eyed geek said about 9/11. We as a country will never forget and all you people that do maybe you should turn on the history channel or the news and see what those brave people did on that day. I will never forget how different people were the weeks after 9/11. Muslims and Jews were hugging each other as where blacks, whites, Asians and Mexicans. Some people may forget that unity but I guarantee you the victims and their families will always remember!

Jane

Good for you for letting the grieving go but not forgetting.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOBY.

AgentBlonde

We are all made of stars . . . 9/8/65 here and no wonder Moby is so cool.

MP

I think Moby is obviously entitled to celebrate his birthday whenever and wherever he chooses, but the part about leaving the grieving behind was a poor choice of words. It would have been better if he had said nothing.

Strokadellic

Talentless pile of f*cking dog sh*t.

Quinn

whomever wrote this story and added the line " and now you'll never forget...moby's birthday" is an idiot. whoever ok'd it is even more of an jackass.

PRO US

What a degenerate Moby is for saying "I think we grieved for a while, but it happened a while ago. So I think we've sort of left the grieving behind."

Nothing wrong with anyone or him celebrating his birthday, but to say that it's time to leave the grieving behind is so inconsiderate to the families and friends of the victims of 9/11. Next time I buy a Moby song or watch Moby in concert will be the 12th of Never.

trouble

Im a 9/11 baby and since that day I don't celebrate. I CRY FOR THE PEOPLE WE LOST AND THEIR LOVED ONRS. Don't be self absord you idiot.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

I'm not into his music at all, but from what I've seen of him in interviews, he is not an instigative, rabble-rousing prick like a lot of the lefties in the entertainment industry usually are. I think what he meant was, 'There is a time to grieve, & while I'll never forget, I can still move on.' Moving on does not mean you forget. I know I won't. It means that to continue to survive, & thrive, you have to resume your life & keep killing yourself with grief inside. None of our loved ones would want that for us. He was trying to be as gracious as possible, but I don't know how much you can tiptoe around it to get your point across.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Correction: "...to resume your life & not keep killing yourself with grief."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments