Rob Lowe

Doggy-Style Rescue Mission

9/17/2011 2:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0913_rob_lowe_tmz_EX
Rob Lowe is saving lives -- doggy lives.

Sources close to the actor tell TMZ -- Rob, his brother Chad, and his son Matthew have been volunteering with OneDogRescue.org for the past six months ... coordinating adoption events, renting mobile spay/neuter clinics, and even buying toys for the pooches.

We're told Rob's son is especially involved in the rescue process -- regularly visiting the pups, and even checking up on them in foster homes to make sure they're doing ok.

0913_chad_kenny_g_sub
ODR works primarily with special needs dogs -- like "Kenny G" -- who broke his front legs when his abusive owner threw him out a window.

No surprise, Kenny G is one of the Lowe boys' favorites. JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE.

Bird

I can't stand people who abuse animals or children. Wanna-be tough guys who have to torture something that can't defend itself in order to feel strong. It's a good thing that there are people out there who care and have the means to save these poor creatures.

Barb. A.

What a wonderful story. It makes me very happy when I see peopl who help animals. The abusers need to be strung from a tree in the city square to let other people know what a horrible person they are and then fed to the sharks. I have 0 tolerance for people who abuse animals.

Jordan

Kenny G is loving life... he is rocking a little "lipstick" between his back legs! Someone get Kenny G a bitch!

Cleveland Gal

I love stories like this one-I just adore the Lowes! Wish more people were just like them.

Straight Talkin Texan

I want to know what happened to the piece of **** who threw the dog out the window!

Way to go Rob, Chad, and Matthew!!!

Diana

So glad for ppl like him! there should be more ppl helping animals and kids... instead of spending ridiculous amounts of money in cars, pursues and all these material stuff... love it!

Athina

Animals are abused horribly every day behind closed doors. Those ones you never hear about. Children are huge offenders. It's sad and sick but sadly, isn't going to end any time soon.

Ana

Thanks TMZ!!! Here is a link to our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Dog-rescue/160...651387222

and here is a link to some videos my husband made of some of our dogs, very cute stuff.
Thanks again,
Ana
One Dog Rescue

Janeylaur

I give this story two paws up! Rob, Chad, and Matthew should be commended for helping out like this - such a great family. And to think, we could contribute a little ourselves to local humane societies who are in a never-ending need for financial assistance to help animals in distress!

Renee

God bless you Rob, Chad, and Matthew Lowe! You are setting a wonderful example. We should all put forth the effort to help victimized animals.

Bad Motherhugger

I'd like to request a room with no windows and 10 minutes alone with "Kenny G's" former owner, please!

Lauren

someone threw their dog out the window???? they should get a life sentence

robyn

How can I adopt Rob Lowe???

jessica drake

2 years ago i adopted the furry love of MY life from One Dog Rescue, a 3 pound ball of pure Chihuahua goodness named Big. They are an AWESOME rescue group that does great things.

thank you TMZ, for the story.
xo,
jd

lou

My dog accidentally broke his leg years ago. A simple cast didn't work so he needed a steel pin placed into him. Even so, that leg bothered him up until the day he died. What kind of monster would inflict such pain on an innocent creature? I really think that people who do this should face years in jail.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2