Salahi Dog Dies

Of a Broken Heart?

9/19/2011 6:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_salahi_dog_EX2
Rio
, the Doberman Pinscher that was so depressed he couldn't get out of bed after Michaele abandoned him, has died.

Just before midnight Sunday, Rio passed at the family home in Virginia.  Rio, who suffered a heart attack several weeks ago, has been on meds ever since.  Just before he died, Tareq gave the pooch his heart Rx, Rio then started yelping, and he was gone.

Tareq is hysterical and blames Michaele, for creating all the stress.

0919_dog_video_launch
As for Michaele, she's still banging the Journey guitarist.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Strokadellic

Hopefully the rest of the family isn't far behind.

Cheryl A.

Probably the dog died from the heart condition and the feeling of abandonment. Everyone wants their "Mom" when they are sick.
And yes, strokaellic, I too hope the rest of the family is not far behind.

Tom C.

He killed off his dog to get back at his wife, very sad.

Sunshine

Did he kill the dog so he could get more attention?
I know that the dog was sick but who knows,these people will do anything for publicity.

nicole

That's really sad, IF its true! And how is TMZ getting all this info., does douche bag daddy of said dog have Harvey's personal email? We really don't need hourly updates from these freaks. They love it, we hate it!

igotfleasfromtmz

Should have put the dog down humanely so it didn't suffer the inevitable HORRIFIC PAIN from a heart attack.

ed

poor dog. now Michaele has to do it doggy style with journey's guitarist.

Delaware D

RIP dog

moxie

I am sorry, tareq.

MC

I wouldn't be surprised if he "offed" the dog just to generate more publicity. Nobody cares about these people there must be something TMZ can write about besides these idiots.

chucklehead

PLEASE ENOUGH WITH THE SALAHI'S! I would rather hear about Lindsay Lohan (for what's that worth)!

t

He probably killed the poor dog to get attention, and get her to come back, oh yeah and to sell the story to you TMZ!

Muppet

Animals do suffer separation anxiety and I think it's awful that this woman made her dog suffer even more after it had a heart attack.
That being said, these people are attention whores so who really knows the real story. I also think the hourly updates on these people's lives is bizarre. Surely there has to be more relevant people that have things going on.

snowcat

I am sad when any family pet dies and I am sorry the Salahi's lost their dog,but I still think they are a couple of ********.

igotfleasfromtmz

So Rio is gone and can never be replaced. He left a spot for a dog that is going to be put down. So get the pooch they want to kill and start over.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments