"L-Word" Star

Southwest Airlines Booted Me

... Because I'm Gay!

9/26/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0927_leisha_hailey_southwest2_BN
Actress Leisha Hailey -- who starred in "The L-Word" -- says Southwest Airlines hates gay people ... and claims that's the reason she got kicked off a flight today.

Leisha just unleashed a flurry of tweets to her thousands of followers -- claiming a flight attendant booted Leisha and her GF for kissing on the plane ... because SW is a "family" airline.

Leisha is now demanding a public apology from Southwest -- calling for her fans, and gay people everywhere, to boycott the airline for its "homophobic" policies, writing, "They don't like us."

A rep for Southwest tweeted her back with a quick apology -- asking for Leisha to contact the company privately so they can sort out a solution. So far, no official word from Southwest.

0926_swappin_spit_footer

anony

Who would want to see her kiss anyone? Ick...

Shannon

Oh, and stay in the closet. Nobody likes you.

GalacticCannibal

Because SW "is a family" airline . What the heel does that mean . SW is a for profit Corporation ..period.

faraWay

I think the question we need to ask before making judgements either way is: what constitutes "kissing"? If they gave each other a quick loving peck like any couple, then SW is in the wrong here. But, if they were full on making out, the couple were out of line because I would imagine SW getting after heterosexual couples for showing too much PDA as well. So, I wish we knew exactly what happened before we blame either party or label an entire company as homophobic.

SSinOC

What happened to the good ol' days where you'd grope your partner behind closed doors and not try to shove it in people's faces especially young kids? I'm sure there were complaints.

Mel

I find this very hard to believe..we had the most amazing gay man as our flight attendant through Southwest.

Barney

A quick peck or 2 is fine, but was it a long passionate kiss?? Save it for the bedroom Gay or not gay

ben

I'm so sick of liberal (politically correct) America. This is getting out of hand and costing taxpayers and corporate america way too much money.

Mark Johnston

do you cover any stories besides tangentially "anti-gay" stories? Get over yourself a little bit, calling for boycotts every single time someone disagrees with a lifestyle. Millions of people don't agree with my views on issues, but I don't have to boycott them as a result.

Steinmann

The public is tired of homosexuals whining. Always the victim. Always self-absorbed. An airplane is public space and others paid for their seats. They didn't pay for a sex show. I don't care if it was a heterosexual couple; it comes down to putting others before yourself.

GOLLY

Those who scream for tolerance are the most hate filled intolerant people of all.

Ozzie X

Was it a peck on the lips or tongue down the throat? I would hope SW would say that to straight couples ***********ing each other. If they were overly affectionate and inappropriate then I agree with SW, regardless of orientation.

Zizi

Umm southwest is the gayest airline ever.. I mean hv u checked their male steward? I think leisha wants and needs publicity. Shame on u

Lola

I personally don't want to see anyone making out in public, girl and guy, girl and girl, or guy and guy; especially in such close quarters. She is getting a bit ahead of herself with the anti-gay accusation. Was there a heterosexual couple kissing that got to stay on the plane?

jim

it getting like blacks anytime **** do anything they pull the gay card out. it they fart it is because they are gay