Patti Stanger

"Sorry" I Blasted Gays & Jews

9/26/2011 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0926_patti_stanger_ex
Patti Stanger
says she's extremely sorry for her homophobic and anti-Semitic remarks last night on TV -- telling TMZ, she didn't mean to stir the pot.

Patti tells us, “I am so sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone with my comments last night."

Patti appeared on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" -- when she said gay men are incapable of monogamy ... adding, "There is no curbing gay men ... I have tried."

But gay men weren't the only target of Patti's unprompted criticism -- she also generalized, "Jewish men lie."

Bravo is also apologizing for Patti's outburst -- telling us, “[Patti's] comments are not representative of the network’s beliefs and opinions.  We apologize for the offense it caused.”

Dom The Mover

DUMBASS! ALL YOU HAD TO SAY WAS" ALL MEN SUCK" AND YOUR COVERED!

ladyofargonne

I don't even know who she is. At least Mel Gibson started as someone important.

pete

just because you have the right to say something, doesn't mean you should. but i also believe that the bashing of two groups is not a mistake. i think this is something she believes, and feels. btw, this woman is not relevant to anything in the Milky Way galaxy. good call on this Harvey! not...

joecrabs

Ok, listen. These no-name "celebrities" have gotten good at using TMZ to get their name out there. Example: Ms. Stanger needed some publicity, so, she uses some unsavory terms for a gay person and, BAM! She is on TMZ. I actually thought TMZ was better than this, but then again. Why do you think Heidi whats her name and that dude she's always with is still pulling a paycheck from somewhere.

CountryGal

Gay gay gay gay gay gay!!! This website is becoming too gay for 99% of the world.

notalawyer

More fake PR stunts.
Born to a Jewish family, Patti Stanger grew up in Short Hills, New Jersey and graduated from Millburn High School

TheMarshmallowMan

Damn, what an ugly bitch

NoDifferent

No "lies" in her comments. Tell it like it is (whoever you are). I'm gay. However, I'm wondering what she's doing hanging out with gay men. Seems to be a dysfunctional trend for these heifers.

Lala

That's how Patty is on her show, too. She is very opinionated and has no filter. She isn't being literal, so for people to take it that she meant it, puleeeze, get over yourself. It sounds worse in print - on the show she was laughing and messing with Andy, too.

Cromulent

Thing is Patti's contention is backed up by good science. Plenty of studies have backed her up. Its certainly *possible* for a gay couple to be monogamous. But the peer reviewed studies show the odds a lot less likely than those for a hetero couple.

Rowan

No forgiveness here. I am sick to death of people saying homophobic, racist, sexist or anti-Semitic crap (showing their true disgusting selves) and then trying to apologize saying they didn't mean it. Bull****! You meant it. All the ridiculous, vile, ignorant, stupid crap that these troglodytes spout are absolutely their true thoughts. I grew up in a small faming town with bigots, so I'm not super-sensitive to their behavior. Bravo should fire her ass. She is allowed to have her opinions, of course, but that also means she will have to deal with any fall out. I will never watch her show again.

Mumra the Ever Living

Ummmmm, they do realize that this woman is Jewish right?

Steve

Why do people think saying sorry makes it okay? It doesn't. You said it now deal with it. Just remember "No one remembers what you did right, but no one forgets what you did wrong"

NoDifferent

She's got it right on with her comments re: Gays and Jews. I'm gay. The question is.....what is this ugly heifer doing hanging out "trying" with gay men? Seems to be a dysfunction trend in this country (especially in Chicago). Get a life of your own please (whoever you are).

Datalord

I'll never understand this word "homophobic". This Patti Stanger woman made remarks that indicate an irrational fear of being the same? Most people labelled as "homophobic" don't fear homosexuals, they simply don't like them.