'King of Infomercials'

Self-Mutilation Suspected

In Apparent Suicide

10/3/2011 7:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1003_dan_lapre_EX_01
Officials found a "large amount of blood" in the jail cell where "King of Infomercials" Don Lapre was discovered Sunday morning, law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... and we're told it appears Don had cut himself.

As we previously reported, Don was set to appear in court on Tuesday to face 41 counts of conspiracy and fraud ... for allegedly selling a bogus product called The Greatest Vitamin in the World.

Don's body was discovered in his Arizona jail cell early Sunday morning -- officials believe he committed suicide.

So far, no word on what object Don may have used to allegedly cut himself.

OnlineCriticChick

WOW, Youd think the Jail would be watching the prisoners better, this looks bad on them.

Arthur

Who is that Baseball player recently arrested ??

themillieblog

Let's see, my earliest memory of him was watching his infomercials at 2am. I was about 10yrs old- more or less (yes I had the tv on late). He was bragging about how he went from a one bedroom apartment to a mansion by doing whatnot and he got so rich etc.. I was young and even I knew he was full of it. Stupid people who fell for that. All his scams did him in.

pawang

karma's a bitch, ain't it, donny?

Herb

Maybe Jesus said it best (and I am Jewish), "What profit is there if you gain the entire world and lose your immortal soul?"

DRP

If you guys only knew the Don Lapre that was not in this mess you would have a different opinion. I totally agree he cheated alot of ppl out of their money, and the my next comment does not make it right though. His philantropic ways would amaze you. The amount of money he gave back into charities and the communities would just astound you. RIP DON!!!

TMZ_Watcher

This guy was a scam artist. Just because he has a scintila o*****uilty conscience and helped some along the way, his fraudulent activities out weighed any help he supposedly provided to a select few. The worlds a better place when the corrupt scammer is gone for good. All of them can charm people; that's how the long con works. Karma's a bitch Don!

Dennis Johnson

I could carless about this POS!

Rob Chambers

I worked for Don years ago on the phone what he offered was not a scam I witnessed what went on all the people talking crap were not ther I know Don as a boss and friend people getting involved had to work at it money wasnt going to be given to them from don all our phone calls were taped so the truth was always told the company had a office that lisned to the tapes Don was a good boss and a good person rip Don

pcox

apparently he couldn't stand himself.

jim p

Don was a family friend, All you people make me sick attacking the dead like this . Grow up and look what Wall ST.and the big banks are doing to this great country,they are stealing billions from us. Rest in peace Don.

ttom

DOn was very generous to his employees and donated to charities, but the bottom line is he got greedy and scammed people out of millions with all the internet crap he sold, his making money package and 900 lines were legitimate. Let's face it all these tragedies happen for one reason:money. Don wanted to make money, his clients were desparate for money, and some of his employees are backing him up because they made a lot of money working for him.

Gfisher

got bilked outa 4000 smackers....is there a class action going on would like to at least recover a small portion..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4