'King of Infomercials'

Self-Mutilation Suspected

In Apparent Suicide

10/3/2011 7:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1003_dan_lapre_EX_01
Officials found a "large amount of blood" in the jail cell where "King of Infomercials" Don Lapre was discovered Sunday morning, law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... and we're told it appears Don had cut himself.

As we previously reported, Don was set to appear in court on Tuesday to face 41 counts of conspiracy and fraud ... for allegedly selling a bogus product called The Greatest Vitamin in the World.

Don's body was discovered in his Arizona jail cell early Sunday morning -- officials believe he committed suicide.

So far, no word on what object Don may have used to allegedly cut himself.

kp

They don't walk threw the jail cell at nite? ouch

Me

OMG, I remember when this product came into play......I had signed up on his website to sell this product to make extra money. It was years ago. I never did make a sale. LOL. (It reminded me of any other 'stay at home and make money' product. Can't mention any, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.)

Greg

How do you mark this as "Exclusive" when it is was already reported 10 or more hours ago by other news sites? And it can't be the picture, since that is the picture he put on his site. I feel sad for his kids though. Interesting the date on the content of his website is between when he was accused and arrested. I think he knew what he was going to do.

myliverhurts

One less s ***** b a g.

Mikey

On June 27, 2011, Don Lapre was arrested at a Lifetime Fitness location in Tempe, AZ, with serious self inflicted knife wounds to his groin, and had reportedly lived in the Lifetime Fitness location for 2 days

How F up must you be that you are buying product from a guy who is repeatedly stabbing himself in the balls?

Mike

I feel so sorry for the people he screwed out of money---goodby jerk

EccentricJeff

With just one little ad, you too can kill yourself!

two cents

I have NO idea who he is but when I think "King of infomercials", I think Billy Mays. RIPBILLY MAYS CAPLOCK MONDAY!! ;)

Stiletto

So, can we say that this con-artist...bit off more than he could chew?

snazzygal

Perhaps it was the Ninja knife set?

Cheryl A.

What goes around sure does come around! So long, dirt bag.

The A

I never bought his system, but placed ads in different newspapers in the early 90's just selling information and made a few extra bucks, nothing big but a few hundo extra a month for a 22 yr. old ain't bad. Of course when the 'net came out my supplemental income stopped. He just got carried away I guess. I feel bad for his kid. Can't wait for his American Greed ep to come out.

Areader

Don Lapre was well known for his early morning infomercial scams and had a long do***ented history of legal problems because of them. I pray for his family.

Fan