Jani Lane

Cause of Death --

Alcohol Poisoning

10/5/2011 11:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane
Officials have determined Warrant singer Jani Lane died from alcohol poisoning ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told the L.A. Coroner's Office has finished its investigation -- and concluded Lane had suffered from "acute ethanol poisoning" when he died in an L.A. motel room on August 11.

As TMZ previously reported, investigators found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication in the motel room where Lane died.

The singer had battled substance abuse issues for years.

0812_jani_lane_footer

whateverhomewrecker

RIP Jani..... I loved Warrant in my teen years. I had a blast at a free concert they gave at Island Park in Ohio.

NickSunset

Yep we knew that.

toad

All of you with your mean comments, pathetic. RIP Jani... you rocked.

Mazor

He wasn't killed by his own talent, that's for f*cking sure.

Deb

Rest in peace Jani xx

Angela Davis

Amen Peggy! Everyone makes mistakes! Jani was a wonderful and talented man. These people that are bashing him can kiss my ass and go to hell! To Jani Lane: I love you baby and you're missed! Rest in Peace angel face.

JDC1062

Someone needs to look more into that skank he was married to, things aren't always what they seem.

Bob Z.

Heaven isn't too far away, Dude!

TavRoo

Wow thats really sad when you think about it.

www.total-privacy.ie.tc

PISSED

WHAT HAVE ANY OF YOU LOSERS ACCOMPLISHED IN YOUR LIFE? IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIS MUSIC STOP F'IN LISTENING TO IT! MORONS!

cher

Jim

Ever experienced addiction other than obnoxiousness? Whether you disliked the music or the man himself, his family is alive and grieving and I hope they never get on the internet to view the comments made by people that didn't know their son, brother, cousin, father,etc. RESPECT. I get you are trying to be 'funny' but wouldn't this world be a better place if people thought before they spoke? I apologize if it sounds like I'm preaching **** people don't want to hear. I try every day to think before I speak and still fail. This post is proof, I apologize for calling you 'obnoxious'

Big heat elf

How did that go? I think it was, "Never scrutinize a man for the way he died, but rather memorialize him for the way he lived." I saw this quote yesterday on Facebook page set and tended to lovingly by some amazing Jani Lane fans. Crystal and Renee who run "Everything Jani Lane" work their fingers to the bone to help keep his memory alive. People like these two, myself and countless others miss our friend terribly. Go ahead, make your jokes, show your disrespect. But in doing so...all the tweensies and even early 20-somethings who feel it so entertaining to bulk at his expense, just remember, there is a good chance you were concieved to his "crappy music". Where the hizzell would we be without you?

CuckooForCthulhuPuffs

I couldn't agree more Peggy. But not only did he accomplish more than these people in life, he will continue to achieve more in his death.

When he died, it was announced by several news media sources; people from all over the world were saddened. Even people that hated his music have at least heard of his passing. If they hadn't, they wouldn't be here posting any rude comments about it. But here's the difference between him and people like them. When they die, none of us are going to hear about it on the news, nobody's going to write songs about it, and aside from family, not many people will even care. In short, they won't be missed.

Pam

Yes you will die if you drink too much.

dimben714

I seen Jani live a few years ago for VH1 Metal Mania, he was the coolest individual I have ever met and I chatted with him over myspace. His music inspired me to better myself and start playing guitar for self theropy instead of committing suicide. Haters keep hating because you will never have the heart that Jani had for his friends, family, and fans

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments