'Rico Suave' Singer Sues

I Deserve FOUR MILLION DOLLARS!

10/10/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rico Suave
The one-hit wonder who sang that catchy "Rico Suave" song back in the '90s claims he's been swindled out of millions of dollars by Lady Gaga's musical director ... this according to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

Gerardo Mejia grew up to be a bigshot music executive with Interscope Records -- but according to the suit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Gerardo left his gig in 2004 to become a personal manager for an up and coming music stud named Fernando Garibay.

Gerardo definitely has an eye for talent -- because Garibay has been a MASSIVE success, as the musical director for Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" album ... and has also worked with megastars like Britney Spears, Sting and Enrique Iglesias.

But according to the docs, Gerardo claims he never got his commissions for the "lucrative" deal he scored for Garibay back in 2007 ... and now, he wants his revenge in court.

Gerardo is now demanding AT LEAST $4,000,000 for his troubles.

We called Garibay for comment -- so far, no response.

makeitstop

its hard to believe Rico Suave used to be a music exec at Interscope and did not have an attorney draw up an ironclad contract with this guy

3Storms

I find it hard to believe a nobody earned that kind of money.

Carl

I hope Rico doesn't eat him raw like sushi.

anony

Translation: Gerardo is broke.

CountryGal

Give him his money greedy *****

karlew

Who and who now?

Big Daddy

Who is who in this picture?

DJ Juanito

Gerardo is a fricken liar!! I found Fernando in 1997! I gave Fernando his first break and taught him everything he knows!! When he first came to me he couldn't produce to save his life!! I showed him the ropes that led him to who he is today!! Regarding Gerardo he's a snake in the grass!! In the 45 years of life on this planet I've never got betrayed or screwed over as bad as Rico Suave did me!! He promised to take me the Interscope!! Then I got the shaft!! F him! Hope he rotts and don't get a penny!!!!

Insane_JL_33

I know what you mean DJ Juanito ( as the Beastie Boys said ask Juanito …. He’ll tell ya all about it! ) …. I’m really not sure if I have talked to you or not on my journey but I believe what you said for it has come to pass that I too have inspired, encouraged, and given the magic gifts of knowledge to those on the the launch pad otherwise known as riding the crest on edge the of glory seeing the talent and the true core of their soul intentions I have blessed many with the midas touch as I deemed them worthy although I did also ask that if the were to become what they desired or dreamed to become that they would not forget the good vibes I poured over them delivering confidence, inspiration, gifts of knowledge and consultation that helped them to write some of the lyrics for the songs they did later as the blew up and blasted off from the launch pad to be one with the stars. I have not been remembered as far as I know except for the lyrics that in a way talk to me and some of them I won’t mention names have thanked me in that way but never mentioned me as a source of encouragement, confidence, inspiration or any good vibes or gifts of knowledge I bestowed upon them in any interviews. I told them I did not seek fame and fortune so that is the onjly explanation I can find for not mentioning me and I told them it was a free gift from GOD through me so I don’t ask for them to return my generosity with wealth or fame. I want them to remember and just would like to talk to them again sometime and that would make me happy again. I wonder because I have touched so many to become grrrrrrrrrreat! …. I wonder if I come up in conversation if they were to meet each other and ask “ Have you ever talked with a young man named Insane Jon Lain?” it may be that they have. It is not easy to get in contact with them now and they are quite busy I’m sure no doubt but I will not be viewed as nor will I in any way begin to act as a stalker. I heard in the lyrics of a song that all I had to do is follow one of these people so I pushed the follow button on twitter even though I never want to be identified and any way as a follower of anyone or anything I did it to attempt to communicate with them and so I did push follow for them and them only.

Insane_JL_33

"I know what you mean DJ Juanito ( as the Beastie Boys said ask Juanito …. He’ll tell ya all about it! ) …. I’m really not sure if I have talked to you or not on my journey but I believe what you said for it has come to pass that I too have inspired, encouraged, and given the magic gifts of knowledge to those on the the launch pad otherwise known as riding the crest on edge the of glory seeing the talent and the true core of their soul intentions I have blessed many with the midas touch as I deemed them worthy although I did also ask that if the were to become what they desired or dreamed to become that they would not forget the good vibes I poured over them delivering confidence, inspiration, gifts of knowledge and consultation that helped them to write some of the lyrics for the songs they did later as the blew up and blasted off from the launch pad to be one with the stars. I have not been remembered as far as I know except for the lyrics that in a way talk to me and some of them I won’t mention names have thanked me in that way but never mentioned me as a source of encouragement, confidence, inspiration or any good vibes or gifts of knowledge I bestowed upon them in any interviews. I told them I did not seek fame and fortune so that is the onjly explanation I can find for not mentioning me and I told them it was a free gift from GOD through me so I don’t ask for them to return my generosity with wealth or fame. I want them to remember and just would like to talk to them again sometime and that would make me happy again. I wonder because I have touched so many to become grrrrrrrrrreat! …. I wonder if I come up in conversation if they were to meet each other and ask “ Have you ever talked with a young man named Insane Jon Lain?” it may be that they have. It is not easy to get in contact with them now and they are quite busy I’m sure no doubt but I will not be viewed as nor will I in any way begin to act as a stalker. I heard in the lyrics of a song that all I had to do is follow one of these people so I pushed the follow button on twitter even though I never want to be identified and any way as a follower of anyone or anything I did it to attempt to communicate with them and so I did push follow for that one individual person …. just for them and them only."