ABC News Anchor

'Comes Out' During

Report on Zach Quinto

10/17/2011 4:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101711_anchor_still

An "ABC World News Now" reporter had a "coming out" moment on live TV this morning ... revealing his sexuality ... during a report about Zachary Quinto

With the words, "Spock Is Out" written across the screen, anchor Dan Kloeffler cracked a joke about wanting to date the "Star Trek" actor ... the first time he ever revealed his sexual orientation in public.

The newsman blogged later, "I've never shared that I'm gay on air, even though I've been out to my family ... but for the same reason that Zach decided to come out, I too, no longer wanted to hide that part of my life."

1018_out_footer

Joe

I miss those good ol' days when people were embarrassed to be gay and they made sure they stayed in the closet. Now it seems like everyone wants to give it a try and get 'acceptance' by their other actors by saying they are gay. Repent people. Agree with me or not, but this lifestyle is sinful !

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't know who this guy is, but I bet most tv viewers already knew.

Tee

I'd date either one of them. Two cuties!

|||||||||||||||||||

Religion is a virus that needs to be eradicated. It does nothing but hurt everyone around it.

Arcadia Rink

BRAVO for him! Let's stop with the "shock and awe".

manbearpig

so, can straight people come out as straight?
this kind of stuff has gotten old and is really boring. even more boring than lohan doing whatever she wants and still escaping the consequences. ok ok ok so you are queer. straight people don't go announcing their orientation like this and they don't hold a bunch of parades about it either.
grow up.

HamptonsHarry

Who cares! It's nothing to be proud of

amazon_woman

ATTENTION WHORES !!!

stu

They would make a hottt couple.
Anderson Cooper use to have tat anchor job.

Muppet

I know there are still alot of ignorant people that hate gay people but I think they should focus their efforts and attention on them and educating them. This coming out business isn't going to save any children/adolescent or adult from their hate sorry to say. Parades don't educate, announcements on television and radio don't educate! It's all just a bunch of hoopla that screams I want attention instead of doing anything constructive. As another poster stated it's getting really old now.

Rotter

4 words: Who cares, question mark.

kitnplayn

Who freaking cares? You are a broadcaster, and that's where my relationship with you ends. I don't want or need to know your personal sexual preferences, and you should not be allowed to cram it in my face by sneaking your personal agenda into my media. If you want to be homosexual, then go and do it, but shut the funk up about it already.

TheRicker

Explain to me why telling the world that you are attracted to members of the same sex has become reason for pride and congratulations. Seriously.

Lately, every time someone comes 'out of the closet' that everyone already knew was gay, it seems we, as a nation, are supposed to embrace them for their courage.

Get over yourselves. It is becoming tiresome...

justsaying

Geez! Are there any white men and women left on this planet who isman enough or woman enough to be straight? Why are you all so afraid of the opposite sex? Of course that question will be mute after your race goes the way of the dinasaur.

Lisa

Okay, I miss the part of the video where the anchor comes out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments