ABC News Anchor

'Comes Out' During

Report on Zach Quinto

10/17/2011 4:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101711_anchor_still

An "ABC World News Now" reporter had a "coming out" moment on live TV this morning ... revealing his sexuality ... during a report about Zachary Quinto

With the words, "Spock Is Out" written across the screen, anchor Dan Kloeffler cracked a joke about wanting to date the "Star Trek" actor ... the first time he ever revealed his sexual orientation in public.

The newsman blogged later, "I've never shared that I'm gay on air, even though I've been out to my family ... but for the same reason that Zach decided to come out, I too, no longer wanted to hide that part of my life."

1018_out_footer

Q

Watch the viewership drop like a weighted boat anchor. Sorry "guy" but the vast majority of Americans just arent into it. They want news, unbiased and now they'll realize everything you read will be biased towards a gay agenda. Get into show business if you want to sing and dance and announce things that are not newsworthy. The whole gay thing has grown tiresome. Live your life, but keep it to yourself. You've given true Journalism ethics a black eye by personalizing it and now all news you read and report will be understood the slant you lean towards.

Kiss your future career goodbye unless the Rosie Show is hiring. Not 'because" you're gay, but because you used a news program to announce it. Do your personal news on your own time.

St James III

WE DON'T CARE!!! WE DON'T CARE!!! WE DON'T CARE!!! WE DON'T CARE!!! WE DON'T CARE!!! WE DON'T CARE!!!

Lucy

Ok, the gays are just annoying now.

CarolynAB

Never saw this guy before, probably don't live in his television market.
But I gotta say, his homosexuality is no great revelation. It's kinda obvious, even if heretofore unspoken. Just like Johnny Mathis during his heyday.

leo

Who's next? Anderson Cooper?

alisemaria

OK - well, I'm straight - but I'm not walking around with a banner over my head declaring it. How completely inappropriate and announce your sexual preference within that platform - "There was a 5 car pile up on Interstate 5 today and I'm gay." Weird & SMH

Jason

Congrats to Zach and Dan Kloeffler. Good on you both!

WILL

AWESOMENESS!!!! I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE ITS NO BIG DEAL!

STRAIGHT PEOPLE! START COMING OUT AS STRAIGHT!

en Todo Momento!!

*headache ensues*...

en Todo Momento!!

when's ellen coming out the closet?

Ronald Jensen

That is just wonderful ! Perhaps Heterosexuals could also share with us their feelings about the other sex and how much they enjoy have sex with the opposite sex, Dan perhaps you could share with us the brands of your favorite lubricant. I'm so excited just to think about the opportunities to hear all of the intimate details. (sigh....)

alyx

Cool...gotta have faith

en Todo Momento!!

chances are, both of them were approaching looming unemployment/being fired, and used such 'sudden random announcements' to avoid being fired from their lofty positions. this might well become the next new 'gay trend' to keep yourself from being fired for 'being gay' (discrimination) what a crock of chit these 'sucked their way up' rags are.

Jah36

I hope he gets the help he needs.

fstblk

Good for you baby!!!!I think people should'nt to afraid to come out.You people with these smart arsed comments should keep them to your small minded selves.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments