'American Hoggers'

Under Attack

for Ultra-Violent Pig Slaughter

10/22/2011 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1021_peta_american_hogers_ex
The gun-toting family on A&E's new reality show "American Hoggers" are under fire from an animal rights group for the gruesome way the pigs are "tied up and shot" on the show ... TMZ has learned.

In case you haven't seen it -- "American Hoggers" follows Jerry "Hog Boss" Campbell ... and his family as they hunt and kill feral pigs ... armed with hunting dogs and guns. It's pretty graphic ... even for A&E.

The show just premiered this week -- and it didn't take long for PETA to take notice. In fact, the animal rights org. has just released a statement saying, "the Campbells' show promotes cruel animal-control measures and gross mistreatment of wildlife."

PETA claims it acknowledges that feral pigs can be problematic in parts of Texas, but the group says, "If property owners insist on lethal control, then feral hogs should be cage-trapped and afforded a quick, painless death."

We reached out to A&E for comment, and so far haven't received a response.

** WARNING -- the clip is very graphic **

102111_hoggers_still

Armyguy78

Thank you PETA. I couldnt have said it better myself. Lets keep all animals alive especially the ones that can be eaten. Mean while keep late term abortions legal. Lets rip those embreyos, fetuses, babies out wholesale.

FLAcracker

I bet you bunny lovers would change your tune if all your land got tore up an ya get charged an cut by a wild pig

j.Lewis

I am revolted by the idea that their occupation is in some way glorified by this show. I have owned numerous feral pigs as pets, just like the ones featured, and they are magnificent super intelligent creatures equipped with many complex emotions, able to communicate and with a sense of humour. To me, these hunters may as well be brutally hunting small children. Their methods are to be denounced.The thrill factor is a common feature of the motivations of pig hunters around the world. I have had to execute hunting dogs trespassing on my property in the past and I will never hesitate to do so, with regrets, in the future.Their life is often as miserable as their victims, I might add, with a high attrition rate.

john

Get over yourselves if you are against this. America was built on the hard work of men and women like this as was my country New Zealand. people like this broke in the land and grew crops and raised herds to feed the growing population. The simple fact that city folk and suburbanites are not willing to face is that with out people like this you wouldn't have the meat in plastic wrap sitting nicely in you supermarket refrigerators waiting for you to buy. WAKE UP!!!!!!! you have turned into a bunch of desperate housewife watching, Kardashian loving, GOD DAMN BEIBER WORSHIPING FOOLS. To judge people like this is the same as judging our forefathers that built our countries and broke in the land. i would rather see real life tv such as this instead of watching a group of unskilled losers locked in a house and video taped for a world full of perverted new age idiots to watch a.k.a big brother. IF YOU BUY MEAT AT THE SHOP YOU HAVE PLAYED AN EQUAL PART IN THE DEATH OF THAT ANIMAL. HARDEN UP YOU METRO SEXUAL FOOLS, WHERE HAVE ALL THE REAL MEN GONE?!?!?!?

ginger

this show is discusting and i will no*****ch.

JAN

I don't care the reasoning behing the slaughter of these animals but All I know is that it takes an animal to kill an animal, PERIOD.

Kathy

If PETA spent one mili-second worrying about Human Life as much as they do on junk like this...What a wonderful world this would be. There is NO humane way to kill anything. Only a Humane way to watch it, that way they can sleep better at night.

akiss818

This show is disgusting!! I know these pigs are a problem around the country, but really must we make a show out of it. Why? People like me do not want to watch animals being killed no matter what the problems they cause are. Do that s*^t on your own time. Completely revolting!! So sad we are paying these aholes to be on tv.

Hicks in the USA

A bunch of dumb hicks, what else do you expect?

s.rech

if it's a waste of your time then don'*****ch it and leave the people who do want to watch it alone. this show is the campbell's way of life and some people like myself enjoy it mostly because i know there are people out there that make stupid comments that it's "brutal" and "inhumane" well they gotta make a living somehow with the economy the way it is and since the economy is so bad the last thing farmers/ranchers need are feral hogs making their lives harder than they already are! i like this show i will keep watching this show until it is off the air and i don't think its inhumane to kill something that could kill you or your way of life.

VAL R

I agree, this show is cruel and I will no*****ch this crap
at all, these people get a thrill of shooting and kiling
animals instead of doing it humane- this channel is over doing it, and i will not give them my ratings-

Chuck

F*CK PETA, I want a pork chop.

thinkaboutit

i not only find it cruel but stupid to handle the situation in that way. its obvious that if you own a ranch or farm you have quite some money therefore spend a few bucks on a fence and avoid this problem.. it sickens me to see this and even more to see it on tv and for it to be brought out to viewers. i think this show should be cancelled immediately.

Jen

Ok everyone that is for the poor piggies. lets get a few facts straight.
1 39 of the 50 united statesand 4 Canadian provdences have problems with farel pigs
2 farel pigs to millions of dollars in agricultural damage every year
3 there are over 4 million farel pigs in the US half of them are in the state of Texas.
4 farel pigs are exteremly agressive and will kill domestic animals( cats, dogs, goats chickens)
5 Farel pigs carry several diseases that can effect domestic livestock
6 Farel pigs are not protected and can be hunted all year long on most states
farel pigs ARE a major problem and the need to be dealt with.
PETA kills animals every year that could have been adopted out and those are domestic animals. look it up people they went to court a few years ago for killing thousands of animals. Can you say hypocrites???

Liss

Sickening! No*****ching A&E again until this show is gone.