The Black Eyed Peas

On a Break, Not Breaking up

10/23/2011 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Black Eyed Peas
Rumors have been swirling that The Black Eyed Peas might be breaking up -- but yesterday at LAX, Fergie and Taboo cleared it all up ... they're taking a break, not breaking up.

Is that a good thing?

BoilingBleach

Black Eyed Peas "on a break", and you're asking if that's a good thing? Have you heard the crap they've put out the last 2 albums (The E.N.D. & The Beginning)? That may be some of the worst music I have ever heard. Especially "The Beginning" which was most obviously a blatant cash grab. Because start to finish, that is the single worst album in the history of recorded music. I say that if that is the quality of crap they are going to continue to put out, then they need to take more than a break and simply break up. Although, except for Fergie and maybe Will.I.Am, Taboo and Apl will never make it on their own.

Steve

It just proves today's music sucks! I don't listen new music because there is no talent compare from the past.

CountryGal

They always sucked! Can't stand them.

Jim in Cali

last BEP album kind of flopped and the Super Bowl was a disaster.

roll3567

take as long a break as you need...forever is fine.

Azzkicker

Who cares. They're a lounge act at best, not very good. The hollywood loser set loves them because they're trendy, but that's about the best that can be said about them...

Sincerity

It sounds more like the "demand" for their "live" performances ha***** "rock bottom". As Simply Red would sing, "Money Is Too Tight To Mention" everywhere and the BEP's probably are demanding much more than the market is willing to pay right now. I don't blame them for deciding to "kick back" until things pick up. They're certainly not alone. They do have options.

mulindwa ronald

arguably the hardest music unit of all time

rico

Who? Oh, that band that was relevant about a decade ago? I remember them!

Strokadellic

I don't want them to go break up...I want them to all go die.

Fallopia Lopez

Arg. I had such hopes...

abz

no one cares about them except for FERGIE - shes hot and WILL I AM is Jealous of her!!! #known fact

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2