John Mayer

Undergoes Throat Surgery

10/23/2011 8:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1023-john-mayer-getty-BN
John Mayer underwent surgery this week to remove a granuloma from just above his vocal cord, the singer announced on his blog.

Mayer said the surgery was necessary after his attempts to rest his voice didn't help.

Mayer announced the ailment last month and pushed back the release of his new album until 2012.

meeee

anything to keep him from singing....

Jizefinn

I will pray for you to God. Mayer is very close to me and he is one of the best singer among others singer.OverStock Promo Code

Strokadellic

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The best thing that John Mayer could ever do for music would be to stop playing music.

alex

they should've removed his vocal chords while they were at it. ugh

tlcmk

Hope is is all right health wise, but he was not the greatest singer anyway. He should focus on the guitar and let someone else do the singing.

tre

he got perez hilton cooties, didn't they... well, you know

coop666

You cant fix being a total douche

Ginger

It's unfortunate to have any type of surgery done on your body, let alone the one that makes you money. Get well soon.

es

That's actually because her doctor was an inept butcher. Just because he's related to a famous opera singer...doesn't make him at all competent. With some research...she could have found a specialist who knows what they are doing.

BethAnne

Throat Condition? I wonder what him and his boyfriend Ricky Van Veen have been doing LMAO. Ricky Run as fast ask you can and don't look back at the JM. They sort a look like an odd couple to me.

Stevee