Casey Anthony

NBC Finds Clever Way

Around Paying for Interview

10/24/2011 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1021_casey_book_money_ex_2

The honchos at NBC -- the C stands for crafty -- think they figured out a way to snag an interview with Casey Anthony without paying a red cent, and make her a wealthy woman at the same time.

We've learned an NBC news producer has reached out to people in the literary world, trying to score a book deal for Anthony. The producer has contacted literary agents and others, telling them if he scored a book deal for Casey, she'd give the network a 1-hour, primetime special ... portions of which would also run on "Today."

The producer makes it clear -- NBC couldn't pay a cent for the interview.  But he is gung-ho about the book deal, even representing that Casey wants up front money.

Jose Baez, Casey's lawyer, tells TMZ ... he has full knowledge of the producer's efforts, but says, "I'm not involved in that process. I did not entice him to do it."

Baez was quick to add, "Casey is not ready to do an interview."

We tried multiple times to get a comment from NBC -- so far, no luck.

1024_casey_anthony_incognito_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Good for her. She's SEXY as hell and was found not guilty so let her make some money!! I hope she gets several million out of it. Somebody as hot as her needs to get paid.
They should try to get her a deal with Playboy while they're at it. I'd buy that issue on DAY ONE.

Marilyn

Cayle's Blood will be on on their hands too!
Example of corporate greed 101!
Down with murderers............

lisa2

@Pookie Great Post

Cayle's Blood will be on on their hands too!
Example of corporate greed 101!
Down with murderers............

FallenAngel

Ok first of all I think Lindsay is an idiot for not doing enough community service hours and nipping this thing in the butt as soon as she got the chance. But oh well, I don't know what her situation is, I never had to support 5 family members.......you know like my parents (in Lindsay's case Dina and Michael, do they even have jobs btw? They keep seeling audiotapes, interviews and books about their daughter).
However, with all that said, is anyone at all bothered by the fact that Casey Anthony had to spend less time in jail for murdering her daughter (yeah yeah she was acquitted) than Lindsay will if she violates her probation?!! I mean really??!! I am all for the brat going to do her community service and stop snubbing her nose at the court system but come on! Are you seriously telling me that if I play my cards right and kill my own child I will NOT spend any time in JAIL while Lindsay Lohan has to go through hell and back bc 2 years ago she didn't complete measly 6 hours!!
Does anyone really NOT see a problem with this???!!! Well it's OK to kill you child but HOLY CRAP you DIDN'T complete 6 HOURS!!! PFFT PFTTT *puffs cheeks and puts both hands on hips* You must BE in JAIL forever!!! I seriously can't believe this!

Fuck Celebrities

OK, Its official now: I won't be watching NBC for any reason whatsoever.

BEVERLY

"Casey is not ready to do a interview" Well,you can bet she is not,Casey and all her Attorney"s have a problem"CIVIL SUITS",and how to work around them.Now if the court,who is SUPPOSED TO STAND FOR JUSTICE,will FORCE "THE KILLER BRAT"to answer questions,in Zenaida case and Texas Equa Search.the book,and the interview will be a HA HA.It is a SICK WORLD,when a KILLER OF A CHILD,IS IN DEMAND

Phreaky

Will never watch any interview with her, and since I rarely ever watch ABC, CBS, or NBC, but always watch cable channels, I will easily vow to never watch the network that makes a deal with her again.
The end.

beachgal

Why do they want to make a baby killer wealthy, omg. Done with NBC, greedy perverted bastards.

BEVERLY

I sure hope the judge that is weighing the decision weather to release Casey Anthony's video tape of her"Zenaida" depo tape listened closely to Attorney Morgan,He said this is all about MONEY AND IT SURE AS HELL IS.I have SUCH CONTEMPT,and DISCUST,FOR BAEZ AND ANY OTHER ATTORNEY,that will try and turn LADY JUSTICE UPSIDE DOWN,IT WAS A SORRY DAY WHEN BAEZ PASSED THE BAR,AND ALLOWED TO PRACTICE,BECAUSE IT IS NOT, NOT NOT LAW

igotfleasfromtmz

NOthing I can't live withou*****ching on NBC
even entertaining the thought has just had them deleted from my channel lineup

luv4550

I will NEVER watch NBC again if that POS baby Killer Casey Anthony even opens that ugly lying mouth of hers!!
PLEASE everyone, BOYCOTT whatever station gives that creepy mother a red cent!!! PLEASE!!
Who cares what she says? She is a disgusting pig and I wish she would leave the USA!! She doesn't belong here!!
Hopefully we will all get lucky and she will just put herself out of misery!!!! THAT WOMAN MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!! I WILL NEVER WATCH AN INTERVIEW WITH BABY KILLER!!!!

Lola

You've either got ethics and standards or you are lacking, a black hole where your soul should be. Seems the criminals aren't just in Casey's house but at NBC and wherever the book is being marketed. They won't make a dime from me on tv or book or interview. I can't stop the evil in the world, but I can try to stop the evil in my own life. I don't have to let her evil into my world nor help finance hers.

hehe

that's even WORSE than if they just outright paid her. they are stupid if they think the public will be okay with that. thanks tmz for exposing these sneaky jerks

justin case

NBC should be ashamed of themselves for helping Casey Anthony score a book deal, cause they are promoting a murderer and trying to make money off of her.. People should boycott any and all things involved with NBC and anyone that buys a time slot to run there ads on there station as well...

I hope anyone who buys anything about Casey Anthony suffers and plagued with misery... Shes and her star struck lawyer are worthless walks of life and Karma will catch up to them its the Universal laws.....

NBC you try to play it off as if your not paying for a story with Casey Anthony!!! Well you might be paying her but your banking on making a lot of money for her and NBC so your NO better then she is....

BOYCOTT NBC

ViableV

This psycho witch killed her little girl, no way should she ever be rewarded for that. And HELLO, she can't even tell the truth, so don't even bother with a phony bull**** lying interview! PLEASE just let her get lynched somewhere.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments