Charlie Sheen

'Anger Management' Show

Picked Up by FX

10/27/2011 3:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1027_charlie_sheen_bn
Charlie Sheen's triumphant return to television will take place on cable ... because the FX Network just sealed a deal to run his new sitcom, "Anger Management."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, at least 3 cable networks bid on the show ... but FX emerged victorious.

The deal is what's known as a "10-90" -- if the first 10 "test" episodes do well, the network will order 90 more.

As TMZ first reported, Sheen will play the role of the therapist -- loosely based on Jack Nicholson's character in the movie "Anger Management."

Sandy

I predict the show will become #1 comedy show. Sheen won't let us down. He's too talented, and he has a strong fan base. To be away from Lorre has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Lorre's two and a half men show has gone down the toilet. Ashton jummping around the living room nude wiggling his d. in front of other men. Seriously? Is Lorre hitting the bottle? Looking forward to Anger Mgmt. I'm so done w/Men.

JustMe

I've never been so glad that DirecTV is taking away FOX Channel in my life!

SantaFeJack

If Charlie can stay sober, etc., FX will undoubtedly have a huge hit. This based on his acting chops and the experience to choose good people to support him. I look forward to seeing his new show.

Deep-Sigh

I'll watch it!! i'd rather watch him on TV than the crap reality producer manipulated TV getting shoved down viewers throats.

QE2

Charlie has a track record in TV. He successfully took over for Michael J. Fox when he had to leave that series. He made it work. Ashton doesn't seem to be able to do that. Charlie made the Charlie Harper character iconic. I think Charlie is totally capable of making this new character really great too. If he stays sane, that is.

jetfanglo

good for you , charlie...........

Roman

Cable? Sheen you are LOSING!

Jodi

Glad he's got his show now he can STFU about his prior show. I wish him well but I will not be watching.

yo

Sad.
Very sad.
Extremely sad.
Oh, and very losing.
Extremely losing.
Duh.

Josh

# B I G F L O P

AlwaysOnTimeB

I'll watch his new show. Charlie is crazy enough to make any show work. His kind of crazy makes people want to watch.

Fidel Sarcastro

Winning!

Butterfly

CHARLIE'S BAD BEHAVIOR is water under the bridge even tho CBS and Mr.Lorre preferred not to volunteer too much from their point of view during the awful fiasco. We all deserve a second chance from our dreadful mistakes which means Charlie's behavior is no different. God knows I was disappointed in him,too, but now he has been given another chance to prove he is worth it. Good Luck, Charlie, the world is watching, don't let us down!

CC

Sleezy would do better being a permanent guest star on the Dr. Drew show.....
Hey Sleezy, kids still doing better without you!! Winning!!!

Nefertiti

Just have to ask, you are the one playing the part of the therapist right Charlie?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments