Usher

Attacked by Screaming Woman

For Parking in Handicap Spot

10/28/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_bb18uan7_0_octeimgh

Usher was bull-rushed in the middle of a crowded parking lot in ATL last weekend -- by an angry woman looking to fight the singer for parking in a handicap spot ... and TMZ has the footage.

Eyewitnesses tell us ... Usher had just arrived to a shopping center near the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade (hence the guy in the Elvis costume) when the woman saw U's SUV parked in a handicap spot.

1027_handicap_photo_tmz_wm_2
We're told the woman demanded the singer move his car -- but Usher refused and she went ballistic ... screaming, flailing her arms, and grabbing Usher's hoodie.

At one point, she screams, "You don't belong here!"

Sources say the woman's husband eventually dragged her away from the scene -- and Usher drove away not long after.

Attempts to reach Usher's people were not successful.

update_bar
7:38 AM: A witness who was at the scene tells us ... when the woman first approached Usher's car, the singer was still in the driver's seat with his window down ... so she shook up a beer and sprayed it at him.

The witness says Usher grabbed a water bottle and splashed her back ... so she kicked his driver's side door until he exited the vehicle and confronted her.

There's a problem here

She should have broken his legs then maybe he'd understand what it is like not to be able-bodied. My neighbor's son suffers from cerebral palsy. He's just starting into his teens. He's big. Traveling with him is a grueling task because he is wheelchair bound in a special chair. In a regular parking spot his chair can't even be unloaded for lack of space. To drive past handicapped spots and see un-placarded cars, or my other personal pet peeve - CARS WITH DRIVERS SITTING IN THEM WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO COME OUT OF THE STORE/BUSINESS makes me very angry.

Off the soapbox now. I'm going back to being a rude-ass, which is what I do best.

She should have at least kicked him in the nuts.

T.

1. He was completely in the wrong. There is NO reason after it was pointed out that he should not have moved his car.

2. I wanted to comment on these other comments. I am a 23 year old with a handicapped placard who VISUALLY looks to be healthy. I am not I have a very form of muscular dystrophy and I my self have been harassed and asked to provide identification by officials. You are not a doctor and can not diagnose these people parking WITH these placards.

Seattlelite

Why does anyone, never mind just entertainers think it's ok to park in handicapped spots when they are not handicapped?
I have a placard and it angers me to see people use those spots when they are not supposed to. Most all stores do not have enough spots to begin with.

bebefj123

You dint belong here? She needs to be charged with assault because she thinks its okay to put her hands on people and lucky it was Usher because someone else may have knocked her out and then she would claim to be the victim. Probably some racist white chic that fights with folk all the time and have not been put in check. What a winner she is. The handicap parking issues should have been handled by a parking attendant or cop, not this nut.

Jeff Becker

The space is clearly marked, which means he has no excuse for parking there. The police should sent him a ticket, if for nothing else to send a message that his celebrity status does not give him the privilege to break the law.

Kaffee

It makes me angry that Usher parked in a handicapped spot just because he thought he deserved special treatment. I wish that woman well, she did the right thing. More people should stand up to people who don't belong in handicapped parking spots. I bet Usher never even apologized--the coward.

skank

well, Usher is mentally handicapped...

Saranta

Cant Stand people like him, he thinks because hes famous he can do whatever the hell he wants

squiffy

Good on her...No right to park in that space...wank stain!

LOLOL

Is it really that serious.. That woman has mental issues..SO he parked handicapped...oooooookkkkkkkkkk...It is not the end of the world. Take her kid away from her, because she obviously needs meds.

Quinzel

The ******** shouldn't have parked there... It's a disabled parking space not an egotistical celeb parking space

Quiqzal

Usher and/or his driver for taking that spot. But also the woman was for attacking him when she could have asked whoever was filming to post it all over the web. But honestly his refusal shows a certain contempt for those who might need that spot. So many do not understand its just not marked that way for doors opening but also designed to offer space for lifts to lower. Shame on you Usher for not handling that before it got to that point and shame on the woman for handling it the way she did. Just my opinion on it all.

LIFE

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG UPS TO USHER FOR MAINTAINING HIS COMPOSURE.

LIFE

HER AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR, WILLIGNESS TO ENGAGE IN A PHYSICAL ALTERCATION WHILE HER CHILD WAS PRESENT, AND HER INABILITY TO BE REDIRECTED SUGGESTS THIS WOMAN WAS PROBABLY INEBRIATED AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT OR IS SUFFERING FROM A MENTAL DISORDER. I WOULD HAVE PRESSED CHARGES.

Korina

She is sooooo rigth to do this what is he thinking???????