'X Factor' Contestant Warned

You Drink, You Smoke, You Lose

11/8/2011 12:06 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Josh Krajcik
Josh Krajcik's chance at winning $5 million bucks on "X Factor" could go up in smoke -- because the singer's doctor believes cigarettes and booze are sabotaging his shot at victory ... TMZ has learned.

A source close to the production tells us, Krajcik was having issues with his voice giving out during practice last week -- a doctor told him boozing and smoking were to blame ... and Krajcik should stop both IMMEDIATELY.

At that point, we're told that Josh's mentor, Nicole Scherzinger, stepped in to tell him to cut down before he gets eliminated ... but while Josh is trying, quitting ain't easy.

The source said Josh "knows he needs to if he has his sights set on winning."

kerrybabyxx

He also needs a complete makeover.A nice haircut,and get rid of the beard,because its too scruffy looking...

Fuck Celebrities

YUP... a bath, a shave and a haircut wouldn't hurt.

Everyones~A~Star

You can do it! Toss them smokes! Its hard but 5 million bucks, and a shot at glory you only live once! Go after it!

Charlie

LOL I was forsure this article was about Chris Rene.

Avi

Talk about over-reacting. I dare ya to bounce Josh. Lets see what happens to the ratings. Also, I don't think he has ever been a "boozer." Trust me. This seems like a made up story based on the segment in his initial audition. i.e. "Where's the bar?"

Craig

Well if he is doing it now, it will only get out of control once he wins the money. Better to let him be and get eliminated. Better for everyone. Im not trying to be an ass, just the reality of the situation.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I'm really sorry to hear that. He's so talented. It's hard for people with lung cancer to quit smokin. This competition might motivate him a little, but it's not a cure all. I wish him luck.

Truth

THIS FAT BLOKE WONT WIN ANYWAY. HIS MICHAEL MCDONALD STYLE OF SINGING ISNT WHAT'S IN THESE DAYS. HE WOULD FAIR BETTER ON XFACTOR UK VERSION WHICH IS WAAAY MORE CONSERVATIVE IN STYLE OF MUSIC THEY FAVOR ACROSS THE POND. BESIDES MICHAEL MCDONALD IS STILL ALIVE AND STILL PERFORMING. I DONT SEE HIS PAVROTTI TONNAGE ON THE WINNER'S CIRCLE ANYTIME SOON... TRUTH!!

Truth

CONTESTANTS WHO SOUND LIKE FAMOUS ARTISTS FROM PRIOR ERAS ALWAYS SOUNDS WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL AND WITH SUCCESS A MINUTE SCALE TO COMPLEMENT. TAKE NOTE TO MESSY HAIR TRAIN WRECK MICHAEL MCDONALD-PAVROTTI WANNABE. TRUTH!!

Sandra

This guy needs a clean up!! Hope he can change his ways but won't hold my breath!!

Cheryl A.

I don'*****ch the show or know this guy but if someone told me to quit something I LOVE in order to possibly win 5 million bucks I would quit in a heartbeat!
I also agree with the make over comments because looking the way he does in the picture above, I wouldn't hire him to mow and rake my yard.

fortgirl

Unlikely his voice is going out from smoking and drinking. He's never used his voice this much and pushed this hard ever. His vocal chords are strained. Could quitting smoking help? Maybe. But he's under so much stress and pressure, that may not be the best idea right now.

Mags

Get him some wellbutrin or cymbalta to help him quit smoking. I really like Josh & would like to see him win!

Jackie

Yeah!...quit...get some people to keep you busy. Focus on your future carrier...dude.

Whatsgoingon

Day 76 smoke free, after 36 years of smoking! No drugs, just gum. If you really want something it's easier then you would ever think. Get it in your head!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments