« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ashton Kutcher Apologizes

Ooops, Paterno Did What?!

11/10/2011 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1109_ashton_kutcher_BN_01
Ashton Kutcher
attacked the Penn State Board of Trustees for firing Joe Paterno last night -- but there was one little problem, seems Ashton didn't know about Joe's misdeeds.

Right after Paterno got the chop, Kutcher tweeted, "How do you fire Jo Pa?  #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste."

Almost immediately, Kutcher was attacked by people informing the actor about the situation -- writing things like, "F**k you. He covered up child rape you sick, geriatric f**k."

Roughly 30 minutes later, Kutcher removed his original tweet -- and replaced it with, "Heard Joe was fired, fully recant previous tweet! Didn't have full story. #admitwhenYoumakemistakes."

He later continued, "This is an insane story, I just heard paterno was fired, getting the rest of the story now... Wow."

He added, "As an advocate in the fight against child sexual exploitation, I could not be more remorseful for all involved in the Penn St. case."

Kutcher also replied to people who called him an idiot -- saying, "I am" -- adding, "Honestly just had half facts man my bad ... I need 2b more responsible 4 my voice."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bubba60609

Dumb, dumb, dumb

brian

and ashton still doesnt have the full story dumbass

Jim

Just another reason I don't facebook or twitter. Morons, whom I don't care about saying stupid things and jumping to conclusions when they get half the story. Pretty much symbolic of most people today.

MDK

How is this possible, a celebrity speaking out on something that they have no Idea about, I've never heard of such a thing. Maybe he really is Kelso.

Stephskitz

I don't get what is so wrong with his tweet. He didnt know all the facts. and even all the facts dont mean anything. Paterno didnt cover it up he DID report it after it was reported to him. It IS NOT his fault the higher ups DID NOTHING about it.

tlcmk

2 1/2 fails.

ML Ready

He has proven he is as dumb as he looks.

Bonnie

He certainly is mixed up. Penn State is Nittney Lions. Iowa has the Hawkeye. How can he be a fan of opposing schools?

josephclark6661

dumba$$

Maria

I don't know what Demmi what was thinking when she married this little boy! he is not smart at all, this is the second tweet that sounds like crazy! I wonder if the show is going to survive ,is least Charlie Sheen is more smart than this moron!

Kim

You were right the first time Ashton! Joepa did nothing wrong, he reported what he was told. It was nothing more than heresay, he did not witness this. McCreary should have stopped it when he saw it and this would have never happened! I fully support Joe!

Rich vail

Who is he? (/sarcasm)

Jon Hansen

. . . upon discovering irrefutable evidence of Sandusky’s crimes they (being Paterno and school officials) had given him the option of retiring or face prosecution, and in the process bringing his abuses to public light.

Kit Katlin

This is reminiscent of Obama's statement after the Harvard Law Professor vs the police Dept. "I don't know all of the facts but I think the police acted stupidly." Water must seek it's own level.

Stone

So Kutcher didnt know all the sordid details, so what! The demands for an apology are absurd, not everybody follows this crap. People cant make a simple mistake anymore without being crucified and that is total BS!