« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ashton Kutcher Apologizes

Ooops, Paterno Did What?!

11/10/2011 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1109_ashton_kutcher_BN_01
Ashton Kutcher
attacked the Penn State Board of Trustees for firing Joe Paterno last night -- but there was one little problem, seems Ashton didn't know about Joe's misdeeds.

Right after Paterno got the chop, Kutcher tweeted, "How do you fire Jo Pa?  #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste."

Almost immediately, Kutcher was attacked by people informing the actor about the situation -- writing things like, "F**k you. He covered up child rape you sick, geriatric f**k."

Roughly 30 minutes later, Kutcher removed his original tweet -- and replaced it with, "Heard Joe was fired, fully recant previous tweet! Didn't have full story. #admitwhenYoumakemistakes."

He later continued, "This is an insane story, I just heard paterno was fired, getting the rest of the story now... Wow."

He added, "As an advocate in the fight against child sexual exploitation, I could not be more remorseful for all involved in the Penn St. case."

Kutcher also replied to people who called him an idiot -- saying, "I am" -- adding, "Honestly just had half facts man my bad ... I need 2b more responsible 4 my voice."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

coathanger

33 years old is considered geriatric? I guess to all of his tween fans it is.

Jay W.

Going to the Athletic Director wasn't good enough.. Sorry Paterno.

Jay W.

In my opinion it was good enough.. Don't blame Joe

cute

Why was the parents or DA not held responsible for making sure the molester of the kids was not prosecuted for his crimes.

3Storms

I wish the media (including TMZ) would quit manipulating what happened.

Paterno is NOT GUILTY of any "misdeeds." He took ACCUSATIONS for which any wrong-doing that he did not witness to the school officials so they could investigate like he was supposed to. The school found wrong-doing and had the witness who reported to Paterno file criminal charges.

Paterno is just the media deciding to witch-hunt, and now someone's career is destroyed by it while a pedo is at home laughing his ass off at all the falout

Dev

#hashtagsareoutofcontrol

Jackie

Is he a news reporter?...what a prick!

mary

What he needs to do is shut up for the next 32 years.

Tera

His popularity ended with that 70's show. Why is he even on Two and a 1/2 Men? Somehow he thinks people are just dying to know what he has to say he just types whatever mindless thought he has...yawn....

poogie

Ooops I forgot, just like you forgot about infidelity.

terry j vey

He admitted he was wrong no big deal.Yet he should have checked into why the guy was fired.
Kinda like Joe said "in hindsight I could have done more"

Tom Ryan

have all the facts before you take to Twitter so you dont look like an ass later

Pimpcessa

Well, it appears Ashton subscribes to the same sort of fact checking as Hillary Swank, haha. Oh well, I doubt anyone here can say they've never done anything stupid and had to eat a little crow, so get over it..

The bigger issue, in my opinion, is the fact this whole scandal is the prime result of our country allowing athletes/coahes to get away with almost anything as long as they win that friggin game. To even "imply" that a FOOTBALL COACH runs a school is absolutely disgusting to me, and I like college football.

Seriously, how many here, truly believe that Michael Vick deserves the priviledge of making that kind of money again after what was clearly some of the most inhumane acts a person could do? It's not that I don't believe in forgiveness, I just don't believe a humane person could ever watch that, much less do what HE did to those animals. He is an animal in my eyes, always will be.

Additionally, what's up with all these sports pro's that can't keep their fists off their babby mommas? And the ballers that can't read or write, making millions and bringing their thug buddies and firearms, from the hood, right up with them.....until they screw up and get kicked off the team and are bankrupt in a few years.

My point is that if the athletic departments of these colleges cared, at all, they would see to it that these men/women come out of their schools with something more substantial than knowing how to throw or catch a ball. The schools are letting them down by not raising the bar. And when all you care about is winning a ball game, the things that this whole scandal is about, is nothing more than a by-product of what we consider to be more important.

Ok, rant over. Sorry so long winded...

ChinLee3

Get a haircut a take a friggin bath, a$$ton. You'll look like you stink!

King Beef

I think the fact that some people actually entertained the idea that this moron reads the newspaper or watches the news is even worse than his idiotic tweet.