System of a Down Singer

The Armenian Connection

11/10/2011 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

111011_system_tv_stil

Armenian "System of a Down" singer Serj Tankian is connected to someone in the TMZ newsroom -- so what are the odds that connection involves an Armenian employee?

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Carl

I've always felt he has the best name ever!

magica

And he's also related to the Kartrashian sisters. Poor guy!

dkjchris

I like how the entire TMZ team can make horribly racists comments about Armenian's but lord forbid someone makes a jewish or gay remark they are automatically labeled as an anti-semite or homophobic. The comments here were a joke. Most comments by others labeled anti-semetic or homophobic were also jokes, but when they related to Harvey, then they are "horrible abominations of free speech." Let's all get off the PC bandwagon and chill. BTW saying someone is a "fa&" is not homophobic, as in in not afraid of gays, it is just a saying. Everyone chill and move on.

Icebaby... is back dude

But the outrageous narrator, and those TMZ people on the show, always poke fun at Harvey being jewish - the narrator for instance, is always acknowledging the fact that Harvey & his people (jews) run Hollywood. Though, it seems like TMZ is run predominantly by jews and gays. BUT, I'm only joking! I love you all! Not.

P.S. SOAD sucks compare to the GREAT underrated bands they stole their sound from that nobody has ever heard of... but compare them to the garbage the entire mainstream plays today, SOAD kicks all their asses.

selena

For seeking Interracial Love , blackwhitePlanet.com is the best choice it is where to meet black, white, gorgeous, beautiful for romance and enduring relation-ships ! It is the best place for seeking interracial love. which gives you a chance to make your life better and open opportunities for you to me

Jackie

Now i know who is always whoring the Kardishians on TMZ.

Brian

Im mexican but can i join the club too? I think she pretty cute ;)

Bill

First and foremost the people involved in this should have called police, everyone of them at the first sign of abuse, and that includes Paterno and McQuery. No mistake about it.

But as I read the posts on here I become more and more frustrated that nobody, and I mean nobody seems to care about the victims feelings in this. But here is something everyone should consider, and it applies to Mike McQuery and this comes from the Attorney assisting in REPRESENTING THE VICTIMS. The full article can be found at http://bleacherreport.com/articles/935361-joe-paterno-fired-alleged-victims-attorney-finds-fault-with-paterno-firing and here are two quotes of his regarding the situation:

The board of trustees got it wrong. They should have consulted the victims before making a decision on Mr. Paterno . They should have considered these victims watch TV and are aware of the students' reaction and may not want to be associated with the downfall of Mr. Paterno (or McQuery, my words). The school instead elected to do what it felt was in its own best interest at the time. Isn’t that what put the school in this position in the first place?

In the wild and tumultuous night that followed Paterno's firing, not one person that I saw raised the question on how the victims might be receiving the news.

He continues:

The way the Board reached its decision raises more concerns than the decision itself. There is no indication the Board considered the impact of the decision on the abuse victims...They see the students reaction to the termination, and to think this does not weigh on their minds would be naive.

Now these victims should not feel any of this is their fault and we should do everything to protect them from abuse. So do any of you not realize these victims read newspapers, watch TV and have access to the internet. How do you think that shower victim might feel reading the posts on here? Do you think he might relive that horrible disgusting act over and over again when everywhere he turns its in front of him?

All I'm asking is that all of us remember the victims in this and that they actually may be reading these posts.

tina

huh? What? I LOVE Serj! Love SOAD! he could be related to me...I wouldn't mind.

44 Magnum

I had no idea he was an Armo. I assume he lives in Glendale. At least he's not committing insurance fraud. It's good to know that there's actually an Armo out there making an honest living.

CathyJ

Is TMZ saying that all the Armenians are just inbreeds? Hmmm Interesting.

Jessi

I'm a quarter Armenian and I don't know the SOAD guys...unfortunately.

JW

I'll gladly be corrected if wrong, but isn't the geographic area formerly (and I mean quite a while ago) known as Armenia has been Iran for decades and decades. They are of Iranian decent.