Mel Gibson Dinner Date

Maccabee on the Mind

11/14/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1106_mel_gibson_azita_EX
Mel Gibson's secret dinner date with Azita Ghanizada had everything to do with her good looks -- but not because Mel wants to date her ... he wants to cast her.

According to our sources, Mel met Azita a few weeks ago and he was taken aback by her beauty and unique ethnicity (born in Afghanistan, grew up in Virginia). We're told the two talked for a while that night and Mel asked her out to dinner to discuss possibly working together.

TMZ obtained photos of the pair at that dinner last week ... where we're told Gibson discussed his much-hyped upcoming movie about Judah Maccabee. Our sources say Ghanizada was hip to the idea, but so far no official deal has been made.

Despite how the pics may appear, we're told the dinner was just business.

1106_mel_gibson_azita_launch

THE BEAVER

19. Hardcharger: 10 minutes ago

Finally got one foreigner out of Virginia....now only 9,999,999 to go...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think these should come into this country the right way. Their country wouldn't put up with this either, but the way you act here sounds like you are more of a Racist than you think Mel Gibson is.

janet

Who cares. He's getting on with his life. Too bad Ox won't do the same.

THE BEAVER

20. pkayh: 4 minutes ago

The dress. That's what confuses people. It's not appropriate for a business dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LOL.. Well, hun, that depends on what business she had in mind. Don't you know that the women that dress this way have a better chance of getting the job or getting what they want than a woman that dresses like a lady should. It worked for Oksana, didn't it?

THE BEAVER

18. TJ: 28 minutes ago

DIRTBAG !!! Oldest BS line in the book, "let's get together to talk about a potential role in my next project" Hint, hint, if you sleep with me, you have a better chance.... such an old, gross, drunk loser... stay away girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nope! Mel Gibson should stay away from the money hungry women that want to use this man to get his money or to try to make something out of themselves, like Oksana tried to do. Oksana is still trying to make it big as a singer. I would say.. she would have a better chance making it big with a Halloween cd, becsuse her voice is damn right scary. LOL

Belinda

Such controversy over a dress! Doesn’t anyone else think that this dress was part of the interview. Come on, we all dress up when we go to a job interview. We want to show that we fit the part. Well this is not an interview for an accounting job.

This is definitely not the way she dresses on that show Alphas.

So I think that she wore this dress to show that she is versatile, daring and not afraid to show some skin.

THE BEAVER

18. janet: 21 minutes ago

Who cares. He's getting on with his life. Too bad Ox won't do the same.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, she is, hun. Oksana is in the recording studio wasting Mel Gibson's money she got "for the baby" on another losy azz cd. Oksana should not waste it on herself, and take the child to Disney Land.

THE BEAVER

20. Belinda: 10 minutes ago

This is definitely not the way she dresses on that show Alphas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unless you are selling yourself for sex, you shouldn't have to show some t*ts and azz to get the job.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Duh.

azlee

we kind of knew this. You all need to read your own posts TMZ.

deanne

RIDICULOUS.
Looks Just like his crazy EX.

ketjo

Its ok folks his Lindsay Pony has run itself almost to death so Harvey trotted out his faithful old Mel pony to do a few tricks and get him some hits.......
This is a old rehash from when he tried it last week.
As for a business meeting I know I always end my dinner meetings with a full kiss and embrace to all my dinner partners don't you ?
Mel is true to type anyway always goes for that dark and nasty looking kind of women don't he....That what got him into trouble in the first place....but Hey it his life and the old addige must be true.... " its to Hard to break a Old Dog of Bad Habits "

UPYOURS

Mel, Mel, Mel. Keep it in your pants this time, k?

Firefly

Me thinks she is dressing provocatively so that she is a sure thing for the part.There is nothing between them just by the way Mel is giving her the pucker lips kiss, you know the kind you give your grandmother or someone from Europe or even the fake The Housewives of Beverley Hills, kiss kiss on each side of the face when greeting each other or giving each other the kiss off before leaving. So move along folks nothing to see here. Try again Harvey! Maybe you can find something that will bring back the clicks like old times..... Ummmm maybe not!

moe

Azita will do ANYTHING to get noticed. Here is her BIG BREAK! She had a nose job. She used to have a HONKER!!

observer77

observer77: 3 days ago
@Cujo
"3)...Move back to Australia where you fit in better with the locals."

I'm curious, what are you trying to say with this statement? It's confusing to me. What is it about Australians, or MG, that makes him fit in better here? Are you Australian? I'm not but I've lived here for seven years now and I just can't work out what you mean.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cujeaux: 3 days ago
Observer since you live there I don't expect you to understand, but I will do my best to expound….
Giblitz seems like a fish out of water in Hollywood. He's a bit of a redneck - meaning a backwoodsy woodchuck. It's evidenced in the way he acts, drinks, swears like the ****ens and dresses. He seems like the type who still thinks he's a tough guy after getting his ass beat in a bar fight. The harsh australian sun has not been kind to him either.
He's hyper-manic like a lot of aussie men are. Kind of like that guy who tried to wrestle a stingray and got speared through. I forget his name. I didn'*****ch his show because he made me nervous - the same way that Giblitz' acting does.

The bottom line is Gibby would fit in much better with the aussies in a local bar than at L'Ermitage. Does that answer your question?

-------------------------------------
@Cujo
Is that condescension I detect? You’re not as intellectually sound as you think, nor as witty. And it’s a bad look, sarcasm and national profiling. I don’t think you’ve much of an idea, at all, of what people here in the Terra Australis are really like. You know as well as I that there are sensitive, temperamental artists like MG in every part of the world. I’ve lived a minimum of seven years in each of four countries (on three continents – so they’re far apart geographically) and we travel extensively and often. My take is that we’re all of us, we humans, so much alike that, in a way, it’s soothingly reassuring.

MG should move to Oz where he’d “…fit in better with the locals…”??? What does that MEAN, Cujo? Don’t base your assumptions about a nation on a film. Mick Dundee was a caricature, he was make-believe.

“He’s hyper-manic like a lot of aussie men are….” Huh?

I’m actually just now realizing you’re not making much sense at all. And on top of that, you’re not adding to the discussion, you just want to fight. I’m kind of embarrassed I responded to you. Twice. Five minutes of my life gone. It won’t happen again.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments