Selena Gomez' Dog Rocks Out

Nearly Dies

11/15/2011 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Baylor. Dog adopted by Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber

Note to Selena Gomez:  Purina Puppy Chow is highly preferable to backyard rocks.

Selena had Baylor for less than a month, when the dog got violently ill last Friday after ingesting a bunch of rocks.

Selena tweeted the above pic moments after the 3-month old pooch fell ill ..."My baby is sick :( praying for his surgery."

But all bad things must pass, and that's exactly what happened to the rocks, so Baylor dodged the surgery bullet.

The adoption agency isn't taking any chances  -- They plan on contacting Selena once a month for the next few months ... to make sure she's properly caring for the Husky-mix.

Calls to Selena's rep weren't returned.

1115_celebrity_dog_pooch_footer

cindy

I'm glad the puppy's o.k. now. He's sooo cute!!

leave'emalone

its not Selena's fault, she knows how to take care of dogs. she already has 5 rescued dogs

Okie

Not normally a commentor on "star" crap but my kids watch Selena and I was curious what happened to her dog. Everyone needs to take a chill on criticizing her. I have 3 dogs and I know they sometimes dig an****** the dirt in my yard. It's something dogs do. I feed them well and give them attention so it's not that. And a puppy will eat alot of things out of curiosity. If his puppy teeth are bothering him, he might chew on something hard to get relief and in this case rocks. The dog will be fine so quit the ugly rants. I think this young lady is probably upset enough that her dog was ill without your ugliness.

Vickie

i had a dalmatian when i was little, and one morning we saw she had a red ball hanging out of her butt and my parents took her to the vet and they found that she had eaten a rock and it got caught in her intestines when she tried to poop it out, thats why you always have to watch what your dogs do.

Paws

Why the hell was she wasting time taking a pic of her poor puppy and tweeting it, OMG Really!! Meanwhile her stupid ass could have been on the phone or on the way to the Vet!!!! Please take this poor puppy away from this airhead!!!

Everyones~A~Star

Why do celebs get puppies when they dont have time for them? Puppies are almost as much work as babies, you have to puppy proff everything, like babies they will eat anything they can get in their mouths. Its a serious commitment...

Kynz

When my cat was a year old he ate the nose off of a stuffed animal. Not because he was hungry, but simply because he wanted to chew the nose off. Long story short sometimes animals will eat something they're not supposed to out of curiosity, it's not any one person's fault. (By the way my cat had the nose surgically removed and is now 8 years old and has never had another incident.)

Cat

She posted a photo of the dog curled up sick on the floor before taking him to the vet - this is not the action of a responsible pet owner. I think she needs to either give the dog back or find a loving home for him with people who will care for him properly. She is obviously too self absorbed to care for an animal

bonnie

that puppy needs to be with someone that is actually going to take care of it.....

ChicaPimp

Puppies are stupid. Cute. Adorable. But stupid lol

CB

Sadly, why am I not surprised? Puppies are like little babies except they have four paws and can move faster. You HAVE to give them your full attention, puppy proof your home( you never completely puppy proof it, by the way) and what the heck was up with posting a photo of your sick dog instead of focusing solely on him??? Dogs usually eat rocks when they are hungry, but puppies are curious about everything. She is lucky that the adoption agency isn't immediately taking away "her baby." I guess her assistant just got new responsibilities.

Jack

Wonder if Snoop Dog eats rocks also? Wait, hmmm...different rocks I guess!!!

Kyle

Typical TMZ exaggerating the truth yet again...get your facts straight.

jack

if you don't have the time to care for a pet because of your lifestyle, then you shouldn't be allowed to have one. A dog is not fashion accessory.

MaryElizabeth

Dogs eat rocks. They are naturally curious. And btw, the dog is not dead.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments