Wodka Vodka

Anti-Semitic Billboard Pulled

For Being Super Anti-Semitic

11/24/2011 12:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wodka Vodka billboard -- christmas quality, hanukkah pricing
Some dumbass at the Wodka Vodka company thought he could post a billboard reading, "Christmas Quality, Hanukkah Pricing" ... and everything would be cool. He was wrong.

The billboard -- posted in New York -- was taken down after the company received scores of phone calls and complaints from the Anti-Defamation League.

A rep for the ADL released a statement saying, "In a crude and offensive way of trying to make a point that their vodka is high quality and inexpensive, the billboards evoke a Jewish holiday to imply something that is cheap and of lesser value when compared to the higher value of a Christian holiday."

The rep added the billboard "reinforces anti-Semitic stereotypes.”

According to the Washington Post, the guy in charge of the moronic campaign is Brian Gordon -- who says he is Jewish and didn't intend to offend anyone ... explaining the billboard was supposed to convey that Hanukkah is an "understated" holiday.

al gerald

Yew give me a ******* break, if it had read "hannuka quality, christmas pricing" it would've been ok. I'm sooo getting fed up with this damn people being so damn sensitive.

Daniel C.

Why is it an insult to say Jews are cheap? I'm cheap, and I don't take offense. Maybe that's why I get along with Jews. I'm offended by the ADL's insinuation that being cheap is a bad thing.

DetroitRocks

Personally I dont care but until all the double standards in this world are removed than it shouldnt be allowed. If a black person was mentioned Jesse Jackson would be all over it

jokerjim

Interesting, the ADL freaks about this, yet no problem when Christianity is bashed or offensive, like at the Brooklyn museum. Hypocrites everywhere. For the record, I am NOT religious, just find it amazing the hypopcrisy that is abundant.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

denny

well, at first i was gonna say that the billboard seemed funny to me and it kinda is, but having read some of the comments i can see that there are real anti-semites here like E! so f**k you..not cause im Jewish (and i am) but cause your comments are full of hatred..F**c you

paigehop

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS SUCKS! That being said, if the joke was on homosexuals, blacks, muslims, etc. (you know, those of you here who are taking this "lightly"), you would be screaming bigotry, racism, etc. and sic'ing GLAAD, NAACP, etc. on the company. MOST OF YOU FALL INTO THOSE CATEGORIES AND ARE EFFING HYPOCRITES, to the MAX!

Douglas Madriz

I am Hispanic and I do eat lots of rice and beans. there are plenty of jokes about blondes. there are plenty of jokes about Irish that they drink lots of bears. I am sorry but I know lots of Hispanics that eat rice and beans know lots of blondes whom are really that slow and I know lots of Irish that drink lots of bears and the point is that I have friends that are Jewish and with lots of money and they did not get it by giving it away. get over it and lets move on the things that really matter

Guest

Now everything related to jews is "anti-semitic" wtf? no freedom of speach what so ever, you can't say one thing or else it's considered "anti-semitic" get over this BS. Why can't it be an offense against Catholics?? Clearly shows who controls everything. And clearly the person who wrote this post is a jew or a jew ass licker.

SUSAN

DUMBASS STATEMENT..FIRE BRIAN..A MORON!!!

paigehop

@Chicago Nick: You said: Got me laughing. C'mon, get some stones. I'd be laughing too if it was some slur towards Italians if it were some comment like "What the St Valentines day massacre victims last ordered" or some Sopranos or Godfather nod and I'm an American Italian. That's the problem with this country today, no one can laugh or joke anymore about anything anywhere anytime. That's life under a Communist regime, dark, grey, miserable, people afraid to talk or joke or laugh at Dear Leader... thought we defeated communism in the 80's but the liberals have brought it back in 'vogue'.
---------------------
You are naive, either naturally or willfully. The Jews have been persecuted relentlessly for thousands of years, the Italians have not! That's silly to even compare the two. Fact is, the Jews have contributed greatly to humanity, are an extremely intelligent race, and are hated for that success. While I do find the liberal whoreywood types annoying at times, I do respect their acomplishments and contributions to humanity. Why Jews are liberals is beyond me, because it's primarily the nutjob liberals who hate them!

Real n the field

Are you kidding me!! you jews got some nerve to be offended of some trivial as this!
you control the entire Media/Movie Industry, and i cant count how many times, you blantly
offend african americans in movies, not to mention, asians, and latinos as well, but do you
here us whining!!.
and to answer, #8 question, the holocaust happened because God punished you for doing
what you wasn't suppose to be doing..and that is: Financing, and profiting, and directly invovled in the Trafficing, Rape, and murder of millions of African: other known as Slavery!!

you got the whole world fooled thinking you had nothing to do with slavery, but thanks to the internet, and research, the truth has been revealed!

How else can one ethic group of people own the entire United States of America!!
i tell folks why, because the rich jewish of Europe Financed Slavery by means of Spain, and in exchange made a deal to acquire mass property of land in the new world..which is now
america!! how smart you were..you didnt want money, you wanted Land, and that clearly explains, why jews own 90% if not all of the property in america...and damn well better believe they didn't aquire it by working 9-5, and saving all there nickels and pennies!!

and "no" this is not an attack on jews, this is to expose all the deception that
has been going on for centuries.

tell the truth..and quiet living in lies!

In brazil, jews were the majority of slave owners!.. after the white men worked, and beat them to death, the jews would fatten them up, and resale africans, back to the white man
that nearly killed them in the first place.(if you dont believe this...google it!)

every year, there is at least 2-3 movies about "the holocaust". but where are the movies being made about other races "holocuast huh...like armenians, the cambodians, not to mention africans americans (yeah i know,,you made "roots' some 20 years ago...clap clap)

and in your movies,(Inglorious Bastards) you get to conquer and kill your opposser (aka:germans)while all of you are in the movies theater are clapping like crazy...payback felt good didnt it!!

well why dont you show black conquering and killing there opposser in slave days huh? (nate turner revolts for one that comes to mind)
never will you allow that to happen huh..not in a million years!

paigehop

@Real n the field: Dude, you seriously need anger management classes. BTW, you a white supremisist or Islamist terrorist by chance? Either way, you're just downrigth scar-y!

patty

ohhh bad taste - hope harvey's head didn't blow up

paigehop

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, I say LET FREEDOM RING and let EVERYONE, every race, religion, sexual orientation, say and write whatever's on their minds! Polical correctness be damned!