'NYPD Blue' Star

Pulled Over by Cops

For Shady Behavior

11/24/2011 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jimmy Smits
"NYPD Blue" star Jimmy Smits' obsession with UV protection nearly cost the guy an arm and a leg -- after police in L.A. pulled the actor over for overly-tinted windows ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, cops corraled Jimmy on some L.A. highway Tuesday -- after noticing the extreme limo-style window tinting on his black SUV.

Lucky for Jimmy, he got off without a ticket -- we're told cops gave the guy a verbal warning ... and sent him on his way.

Calls to Jimmy's reps have not been returned.

Bobo Frog

Extreme tinting is illegal? I would imagine most celebrities would like to go unnoticed.

INeedFacebookFriends.com

I made 25 cents on the computer last year. I then used that quarter in a parking meter.

It was great.

FlamingoNut

Come on TMZ, get with it and keep these spammers from hitting the boards. This is ridiculous.

I wonder if Smits was told he had to remove the tinting. It's illegal in most states, isn't it?

Linus

He was great in Dexter!

Mikey

Its because he's black. No wait that ain't right, its because he's spanish, yea thats why.

Hamptonsdude

Lucky for him he wasn't in Arizona!

buzz kill

Classic celebrity justice.

Ben

Celeb Justice once more. California is going Broke and look how much they could have gotten in tickets, court costs in just the last month.
And you know for a fact that if you or I was driving we SURE as hell would have gotten the ticket!

GreyWolf

This is such bull****. I got a ticket because my front windows were too dark and I had to take the tint off my front windows. I was charged $40.00 for the ticket and then charged $15.00 to have to tint removed. **** the police in L.A.

Carl Wive

Good thing you gave him a verbal warning officers. I'm sure Smits took you so serious he'll get those windows fixed right away.

BigWillyStyle

Nobody gives Bobby Simone a Ticket. Nobody.

Plus, he's a former President of the United States.

You Go, Jimmy!

mkurk$

slow news day?

linda armstrong

the tinted windows are a bit much but they can be removed with a blade!! No harm, no foul!!