T.I.

Some Gays are 'Not American'

11/27/2011 6:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1126_ti_tmz
T.I. thinks gays need to get over themselves ... at least the ones who try and muzzle people from telling harmless jokes.

T.I. was discussing gay rights with Vibe magazine -- an issue he says he supports -- and then mentioned Tracy Morgan's controversial comments earlier this year:

"Man, I will say this, the funniest joke I ever heard Tracy say during a stand-up was, 'C'mon man, I think gay people are too sensitive. If you can take a d**k, you can take a joke.' [Cracks up laughing.] That s**t was funny to me. And it’s kind of true."

Then T.I. unloaded ... talking about oversensitivity in the gay community, which he believes betrays the First Amendment which guarantees freedom of speech.

"They’re like,‘If you have an opinion against us, we’re gonna shut you down.’ ... That’s not American. If you’re gay you should have the right to be gay in peace, and if you’re against it you should have the right to be against it in peace."

So we ask ...

LAguy

Harvey, you seem to unfortunately attract a redneck homophobe crowd. Shame on all of you

carla

Who cares if someone is gay? As long as they are a good person and don't cause harm against others let them be. I am more concerned with child molesters, killers, thieves, rapist. Gays are not what we should focus on.
Worry about raising your kids properly and keeping them educated and safe. Worry about our government and the food you are eating. Gays are the least of our problems.

Jah36

Black is not a behavior...

carla

All you idiots w the racist comments and the assuming that gay is a choice need to be educated better. Being gay is most likely something you are born with. Im sure with some it's chosen.... But not all I had a gay guy tell me he was sock with the girl drama and chose to become gay. He swore to me it was a choir and always is. I disagreed with him. But here's a gay telling me it's a choice. If I had said that it would be a Bad and I would get in trouble.
Regardless its not always a choice. Get some brains people - educate your self with facts before you comment. It's ignorant to not be well informed

Ih8Taxes

So true. It's called freedom of speech, guaranteed by the First Amendment. Too many special interest groups that don't speak for the majority are trying to silence us. I may not agree with what you say but I'll always respect your right to say it.

ama

I think there needs to be a lot of oversensitivity for a long time until people are more accepting. Think of jokes about racism: first every black person etc got over sensitive about every remark and then once equality was formed (or at least close to equality) then people started being able to joke around about things. But at this point being gay is still a huge stigma and i think if people are critized and unaccepted for their comments then people will be less likely to bully.

3Storms

Iam no fan of hate speech, but hate speech is still free speech and gays need to stop being so sensitive, especially since the word "F*g" does refer to more than just gays.

It is wrong to destroy Constitutional free speech over not liking words.

Jason Sand

I disagree, cause if you believe the First Amendment protects people from spewing nonsense in the name of comedy, then it would also allow people from to be oversensitive and take offense towards those comments.

carla

Also., all this special treatment like affirmative action and special rights due to race or religion has got to stop . We all need to be equal now. Enough time has passed for the special treatment to be over. Let's have it all be equal. If that's how we want gays to be treated we all should be given that same respect. No one deserves more then others.

tonetonetone

Just curious, if Ellen told a joke about blacks hanging from a tree down south, would he still thinks its funny? Or a joke about slavery? I dont think so

tonetonetone

Did he defend Michael Richards for the rant where the N word was thrown around?

Realist

Hahahahaha look at all the oversensitive queens running and calling themselves persecuted. You insist that anyone who has an opinion be the opinion that you want, or you want them to not be able to give it? That's not how freedom of speech works. Sorry. That's called a totalitarian government, who forces you to think and say certain things or be punished. And stop with the "we get killed/spit on/blah blah blah" bull****. So does everyone else. Hatred and violence are not exclusive to the butt pirate community.

Chi

@ SistahSoul and the others like her, SHUT UP

carla

I don't think what ti said was horrible though. He's just saying don't be so sensitive . Comedians have all made fun of everyone. Asians, mexicans , blacks. So to now start calling them out and ruining their careers is stupid. Tmz., why don't you post all the racist rants Dave chappelle makes and crucify him? Why all of a sudden do it justfor the gays? Seems wrong you allow one to be attacked and make huge deal about another. You have got to be fair. Go back now to all the negative things comedians have said about race religion and sex. Post it. U r being completely unfair and clearly biased. It's choosing one group over another that keeps the people separated. U r the problem

michelle

Regardless of how you (TMZ) or the readers feel on this topic-- TI never said gays are not American. Revise your headline-- it's misleading, negatively presumptuous, and wrong.