T.I.

Some Gays are 'Not American'

11/27/2011 6:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1126_ti_tmz
T.I. thinks gays need to get over themselves ... at least the ones who try and muzzle people from telling harmless jokes.

T.I. was discussing gay rights with Vibe magazine -- an issue he says he supports -- and then mentioned Tracy Morgan's controversial comments earlier this year:

"Man, I will say this, the funniest joke I ever heard Tracy say during a stand-up was, 'C'mon man, I think gay people are too sensitive. If you can take a d**k, you can take a joke.' [Cracks up laughing.] That s**t was funny to me. And it’s kind of true."

Then T.I. unloaded ... talking about oversensitivity in the gay community, which he believes betrays the First Amendment which guarantees freedom of speech.

"They’re like,‘If you have an opinion against us, we’re gonna shut you down.’ ... That’s not American. If you’re gay you should have the right to be gay in peace, and if you’re against it you should have the right to be against it in peace."

So we ask ...

Sparkly

Guess it's just like "blacks" being way too sensitive too then, isn't it?? How come we can't make fun of blacks and without being called discriminatory, such as using the "N" word? Everyone should be considerate about EVERYONE'S feelings! If you wanna say gays need to get over themselves, so do the blacks! There should be no discrimination no matter what color or sexual orientation. People just need to be respectful of each other!

AnnieSH

Hey, everybody needs to realize that every race, every age, every lgbt should never EVER be made fun of and everyone needs to watch everything we say, so no one will be offended.

Except of course for the straight white man. We can make fun of the white breeder boys all we want.

CarlosSissyboy

GIVE US EQUAL RIGHTS AND THEN WE CAN RELAX ABOUT IT!!!!!
EQUALITY FOR ALL!!!!

.... NOT JUST FOR THE STRAIGHT ONES

tihw

I agree with him on the glbt community as a whole being overly sensetive when anything(jokes, comments, etc) are done at their expense. however i don't agree with anyone using the F word when refering to them. i feel it's anyone's right to make jokes and comments but it's not ok to use slurs against any particular group. the same goes for making jokes with any racial group. it does become offensive when those types of terms are used. i think this is the biggest problem for the gay community because there isn't any censorship for someone using that word against them. while other racial groups have protection from having these words used against them the gay community does not.

there is a tasteful way to tell jokes, even at another's expense, without using hateful language.

Rick

Being gay I get tired of hearing an uproar everytime a bad joke is made. And the jokes are not funny when they put someone down based on their sex, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. Unless you are gay you probably shouldn't tell those type of jokes anyway. Much like we don't tolerate a white person using the "n" word even in jest

Kats

Bottom line to all of this problem: USE common sense people. IF it might hurt someone back off........hurting people to get a laugh.........not f....g funny.Think before putting mouth in gear! Write some real jokes dude?

Jeremy

First amendment is a generic, weak excuse. Freedom of speech does not protect individuals spewing naked discrimination. I wonder how T.I would react if I said the following:
"They’re like,‘If you have an opinion against us, we’re gonna shut you down.’ ... That’s not American. If you’re BLACK you should have the right to be BLACK in peace, and if you’re against BEING BLACK it you should have the right to be against it in peace."
Somehow there isn't the same stigma around unabashedly vocalizing offence toward homosexual individuals. Hate i*****e no matter how you word it. T.I is disgustingly unaware, uneducated, and a shame to minority social movements.

dey

Honestly, what makes you so special. There are race jokes and religion jokes made all the time. Grow freakin balls and stop whinning. Life owes you nothing. I doubt that he made a joke promoting harming gays or anything cruel like that. So yea if u can take a d*** up the a** you shld b able to take a joke.

Kaffee

Well then--if we can make fun of gays, can we make fun of black people too? This guy is a complete (fill in your worst line right here!)

VictoriaGirl

If you can take a d**k, you can take a joke.' [Cracks up laughing]
Sooo what he's really saying if that straight men CANT take a joke? Moron.

happypat35

People come in different colors and nationalities, to be prejudiced against a certain color is wrong and illegal. We are all the same underneath the skin. To beat and kill gay people is wrong and illegal. The difference between the 2 is being gay is a choice (some might say a psychological disorder/brain miswiring). Being gay is simply not natural. God wouldn't have came up with Eve, if men could stick each other and produce, plain and simple, not to mention painful and yucky, can we say peanut butter. I don't discriminate. I love all people.

carla

Shut racist bossip down then gays . Help us do that . Bossip is racist to an extreme and no one does anything about it. Help us and we'll help you. Maybe that will bring everyone together. Don't just stop the gay bashing. Stop all bashing. Bossip is violating some serious rules against stopping racism . And no one does nothing. Please help stop this site from further damage hurt and pain it is inflicting against innocent humans. Stop BOSSIP

BB in CA

TI's ancestors had to fight the same type of abuse so that he would be free to diss some other minority group. I wonder if he'd be okay with the public constantly commenting in a negative way with the n word or black. E.g., this video is so gay (or this video is so n.). I'm not even gay but I'm sick of reading **** from people who can't think of a negative adjective except gay.

Jah36

Black is not a behavior people. Wise up!

brown dynamite

I agreed with everything T.I. said until he said it was "Not American". The First Amendment doesn't protect you from stupid comments you make, people have the right to react the way they do, even if they are being overly sensitive. When you're a public figure, comedian or politician prepare for any backlash coming your way.