Terrence Howard

My Wife Is LYING --

I Never Threatened to Kill Her

12/6/2011 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_terrence_howard_michelle_ghent_EX

Terrence Howard's estranged wife got a restraining order against the actor this morning -- claiming Howard constantly beats her and threatens to kill her ... but Terrence says it's all a big, fat lie.

Michelle Howard filed court documents, obtained by TMZ, claiming Terrence began beating her up just 7 days after they were married in January 2010.

In the docs, Michelle claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" ... and threatened to throw her off a balcony.

Michelle claims the violence continued throughout their marriage -- with Terrence allegedly committing several violent acts, such as

-- smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring
-- throwing her down to the ground in a parking lot
-- telling her, "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man"
-- Saying, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know
-- Screaming, "B*tch, walk home. That's my car, I pay for it."

Howard also filed legal papers, adamantly denying that he EVER threatened Michelle -- but claiming she has been threatening to "release private materials to 3rd parties for her own personal financial gain" unless he paid her money.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... the material in question includes a video of Howard singing naked in the shower.

This morning, an L.A. County Superior Court judge granted Michelle a temporary restraining order preventing Howard from going near her or contacting her until their next court hearing.

Michelle filed for divorce back in February.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bud

First biotches!

Amy

I know this is going to sound crazy, but how about people get to know one another before getting married. I know it's not fool-proof, but you can mitigate a lot of stuff by getting to know a person. I know, it's insane. You may learn important things such as how they feel about: money, kids, cheating, how they handle stress, if they are violent, etc. Or maybe don't get married. These Hollywood idiots treat a marriage license like toilet paper...or a contractual end to a first date.

queen love

He looks good and he knows it. Only 1 problem...he can't work the middle.

ohboy

She is lying. She's counting the days that she is awarded millions in spousal support. SHE SET HIM UP TO BEGIN WITH. I say throw her to the sharks.

mr.b8040

Wow, It's not easy being a pimp.

Eddie

Screw him, just another brotha abandoning his people. Hope she takes it all.

Tammy

You know, I'm just not getting a "truthful" vibe from this woman. I'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

charley

sorry the idiot looks like a woman beater if he dont get his way with them......another loser blackman that beats on women!

Tan

I believe her. After Chris Brown beat up Rihanna Zterence commented that he's sure that Chris loves her. Only an abuser would say something like that. He seems like an insecure dude so I definitely believe it.

andy

Oh, great. One of the very few actors that I actually like, and look at what he gets caught up in. I hope this turns out to be just a "bogus" stunt by a woman scorned.
SCARY TIMES . . .

Babbs

She should have done a check on him before marrying. He's had a history of abuse. Hell, his ex-wife was on the phone with 911 when he came in and beat her. So not really suprised here.

frankieb

Dude's a poor man's Denzel.

Nikkcolle

You know it's hard out there for a pimp....tryin' to make a dollah for some schrimp.

andy

It's been said in the past, that chocolate and almonds can be a volatile combination. Maybe, it's true!?!?!?!
WACKY TIMES!!!!!!