Alec Baldwin Issues

TOTALLY Unapologetic Apology

12/7/2011 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1207_alec_baldwin_tmz_bn
Alec Baldwin just went OFF about American Airlines, its employees, post 9/11 travel, and the entire airline industry -- and best of all ... this rant came wrapped in an apology.

In his letter, just published on Huffingtonpost.com, Baldwin begins by apologizing to passengers on yesterday's flight ... saying, "It was never my intention to inconvenience anyone with my 'issue' with a certain flight attendant." He claims the woman singled him out to "make some example of me."

Baldwin continues ... "It's no secret that the level of service on US carriers has deteriorated to a point that would make Howard Hughes red-faced. Filthy planes, barely edible meals, cuts in jet service to less-traveled locations."

He also claims the industry used 9/11 "as an excuse to make the air travel experience as inelegant as possible."

In his closing shot, Baldwin says many flight attendants "walk the aisles of an airplane with a whistle around their neck and a clipboard in their hands," and make air travel a "Greyhound bus experience."

Best apology ever.

Note to Alec: On Greyhound, you can play "Words with Friends" all you want.

1207_alec_baldwin_footer

anonymous

just another untreated bipolar baldwin...who doesnt get therapy, isnt on meds, and is an arrogant a-hole...so tragic, but he gets off on it...doesnt care how many dead bodies he leaves behind him.

crosseyes

I actually like him. He apologized to the people and told it like it is. I mean lets get real. A cell phone is not going to crash a plane, and if it could crash a plane, I'm sure it can do it in the air too. People are turning into sheep.

dahlia

Alec is right. Service on most airlines in America is awful. The stewardesses wanted to keep their jobs so they transformed themselves into flight attendants and argued that their job was safety, not passenger comfort.

That said, he should just recognize that they are mostly jerks and there is nothing he can do about it unless he wants to fly exclusively on private planes.

frqntflier

Although I rarely agree with Alec on his views or opinions, he actually has a point. I was sitting on Delta in Minneapolis yesterday for 30 minutes waiting to get de-iced and they specifically made a point to let us know we could use our cell phones while sitting on the tarmac as it was an inconvenience for us. So....when the plane is landing, still going over 100mph towards the terminal, and they say it's ok to use cell phones, that isn't dangerous to communications versus sitting next to a gate for 30 minutes not moving?

VANESSA

Alec, GROW UP!!! If you want to play stay home. I have a 17 year old son, and he has more manner then you. That what this world needs more manners. and money i can't even get him a Christmas present this year. He just wanted the new
MW3 x box system. Alec can you HELP me out. Thank You.

Sapphiegirl

Hope Greyhound slaps Alec with a libel lawsuit. I read his "apology" on Huff Post and it's crazy! He doesn't even acknowledge that his own actions in the confrontation were immature. No mention of locking himself in the lavatory. Basically he called the flight attendant a "1950s gym teacher" and claimed the airline gave hime a "Greyhound bus experience". I wish one of the passengers would have recorded what happened and posted it on You Tube.

mia

This blowhard narcissist with the emotional maturity of a nine year old thinks he can tell the airline how to enforce the rules? He is lucky that he wasn't already airborne during his tantrum; he would have ended up duct taped to a wall.
Guess what Al, we are not impressed with your behavior or your job. Sit down and shut up.

James Jeffrey Paul

Can you say "delusions of persecution," Alec?

lab

Haha that was hilarious! He does have a point though....

Ron

Im getting tired of hearing about celebrities who get on airplanes and think rules and laws don't apply to them so they start acting like punks...

Dan Dickinson

ALEC...you are a total moron ! I marvel about how stupid you are.....what the F makes you think you are no subject to the rest of the country must follow....Just another example of
a Hollywood piece of crap gone bad....spoiled , opinionated...entitled, drama queen.....
You are a jerk...just like all the other Balwin spoiled brats......compared to you, Lindsay Lohen is not looking so bad....I will never support any movie, , tv show or anything you ever do again......Tell that to your sponsors, directors and everyone you squeeze a dollar out of........I side with the FLIGHT ATTENDANTS...and say go jump in lake you fool.

callie sylvester

what an ass. he's that person on the plane that you hate that gets up when the plane has just pushed back from the gate gate and the seatbelt sign is on, causing the plane to lose its space in the takeoff line. no regard for anyone else, can't even control himself like any normal adult to turn off his stupid device.

rick_75002

Alec Baldwin grow up. You see flight attendant instructions as optional--and in fact they're mandatory. That mandatory aspect is for everyone's safety in an emergency, and in order to be effective, that authority covers every instruction they give. Instead of tweeting how poorly you were treated, how about you refund the hour of time you stole from every other person on the plane. If you cant be bothered to turn off your Ipad how can i trust you to open the emergency exit before you find a 7 letter word ending in HOLE.

mary

Hey Alec,
Why don't you buy your own private plane, and then all of your 'problems' will be solved.?

SF

I have to agree with Mr. Baldwin. I am a frequent traveler and certain flight attendents have used their position as a power trip. I have been on flight were I have seen attendents be down right rude to customers. I was on a flight that was delayed for over 90 mins. Someone was using their phone to call home and let their husband know they were going to be delayed and the attendant totally chewed them out. There was also a case of an attendant kicking a college student off the plan because his pants were hanging down and the student refused to pull them up. Flying is the worst experience and I'm a premier customer.