9/11 Widow to Alec Baldwin

'Take Responsibility'

for YOUR Actions

12/8/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1208_alec_baldwin_aa_ex
Alec Baldwin
invoking 9/11 during a rant against the air industry was totally "inappropriate" ... and the widow of an American Airlines co-pilot killed in the tragedy thinks Baldwin should simply admit he was wrong.

TMZ spoke with Cheryl McGuinness Hutchins -- whose husband Tom was in the cockpit of the first plane to hit the World Trade Center.

Cheryl was reacting to Baldwin's blog -- in which he wrote, "I believe carriers and airports have used [9/11] as an excuse to make the air travel experience as inelegant as possible."

CMH tells us, "I absolutely think [Baldwin's statement] was an inappropriate comment to make" ... adding, "I believe airlines used what happened on 9/11 to increase security and protect passengers as much as possible -- not to make traveling inelegant."

She continues, "If [Alec] did something inappropriate ... he shouldn’t have to point the finger at a world tragedy. He should just take responsibility for his actions and admit he should have gotten off the phone.”

A source close to Baldwin tells us, "Alec had absolutely no intention of offending families, victims or anyone else associated with the horrible tragedy of 9/11. He only referenced that date in relation to discussion of the resulting impact on the airline industry."

1207_alec_baldwin_footer

Seriously wtf

I do agree with Cheryl McGuinness Hutchins though, that Alec should not have criticized the security efforts by invoking 911. I thought we were still on the tit for tat for tit btwn AA, Alec, and Greyhound.

brenda

Alec, Alec, Alec...put the shovel down and just apologize, ya screwed up dude. Face it and move on.

Rachel

He's being ignorant and not enough of a man to see it. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.

Oh well

Alec Baldwin is a liberal jerk!!!

Tammy

I agree with Alec that the government has used 9/11 to terrorise people, especially the legal molestation of flyers by TSA agents, but Alec needs to leave 9/11 out of his apology and accept responsibility for his actions.

Amy

So what? You thought she was rude to you? Grow up. When someone is rude to us grown-ups, we ignore it, politely do what they say, and then report it later if it was a big deal. Just because you think she was rude doesn't give you the right to slam doors and cause a scene on an aircraft.

i'm a lawyer!

I'm pretty sure that turning off your cell phone before the flight has been a requirement since before 9/11, so...

gibbs

Baldwin shot himself in the A@@ once again. I do not see a political career in his future.

Sassy

I'd like to know what toolbox sought out more drama by hunting down a 9/11 widow for their opinion of someone else's statement just because it involved referencing 9/11, though Alec's opinion was about the aftermath on the airline industry, security, etc. Are you kidding me? Can no one reference that date now?!

some guy

I hate to say it, but I agree with Alec. Airlines have gotten out of control since the horrible 9/11 tragedy. I mean no disrespect to victims or their families, as I'm sure Alec didn't either. But I can say I will probably never fly again because of how the airlines are now.

janet

I worked for an airline and was able to fly first class many times and I have to say some celebrities are major jerks. Like Alec Baldwin. They think there crap don't stink. Simple rules for everyones saftey, everyone else has no problem. No big deal.

Classic. They fly commercial because first of all, the ticket is paid for them and most of all they aren't worth the corporate private jet. Ouch.

Still there is no reason for what Alec Baldwin did.

Alec Bladwin doesn't like the rules fly private. He won't because he would have to pay out of his own pocket. Still commercial.

Lola

Drew Pinsky will suck up to any celebrity. Today I heard him talk to his "rehab pal" Billy Baldwin, who gave excuse after excuse about Alec's behavior, and Pinsky was agreeing with him. So their father was tough on them. Big deal. When Billy brought up that only he and Alec were adult bullies (my words) but the other 2 brothers were calm and polite, Pinsky hushed him up and hurried on to something else.

Apparently, according to Pinsky and Billy, Alec is a charming, gentle, kind, thoughtful man, loved by all. Now who else has seen this behavior? Not his wife or CHILD, for sure. Pinsky is a sell out to fame and money. Should have his medical license revoked. And he is not a psychiatrist, just a dr. who pretends to be an expert at something he's clearly not. Pinsky is the biggest enabler of all.

LIsa

If you don't want to abide by the rules that ALL travelers have to obey, get your own effing private plane! You have enough money!

david

Lets see if this comment get passed TMZ. They are so one sided I doubt it. But here it goes.
Baldwin is a competent idiot! We can't stand that guy!
Its a different world we live in Baldwin, but then again he lives in his own hollywood world.

Dale

Holy cow Alec Baldwin is the biggest ass Ive ever seen.
I see that ugly mug on TV anymore and flip the channel.
His commercials make me sick and sitcoms make me wanna hurl.
Seriously I cant think of many people who affect me that way. I am surprised he is allowed in the spotlight with his history...