9/11 Widow to Alec Baldwin

'Take Responsibility'

for YOUR Actions

12/8/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1208_alec_baldwin_aa_ex
Alec Baldwin
invoking 9/11 during a rant against the air industry was totally "inappropriate" ... and the widow of an American Airlines co-pilot killed in the tragedy thinks Baldwin should simply admit he was wrong.

TMZ spoke with Cheryl McGuinness Hutchins -- whose husband Tom was in the cockpit of the first plane to hit the World Trade Center.

Cheryl was reacting to Baldwin's blog -- in which he wrote, "I believe carriers and airports have used [9/11] as an excuse to make the air travel experience as inelegant as possible."

CMH tells us, "I absolutely think [Baldwin's statement] was an inappropriate comment to make" ... adding, "I believe airlines used what happened on 9/11 to increase security and protect passengers as much as possible -- not to make traveling inelegant."

She continues, "If [Alec] did something inappropriate ... he shouldn’t have to point the finger at a world tragedy. He should just take responsibility for his actions and admit he should have gotten off the phone.”

A source close to Baldwin tells us, "Alec had absolutely no intention of offending families, victims or anyone else associated with the horrible tragedy of 9/11. He only referenced that date in relation to discussion of the resulting impact on the airline industry."

1207_alec_baldwin_footer

thrilljudy

He should be arrested and brought up on charges !!!

Kari

I think Cheryl got it correctly. And only this rude, arrogant ass Alec would consider having to follow the rules and turn off his cell phone as "inelegant". I think Alec Baldwin is an angry, disrespectful bully. And Cheryl got it right--he should own up to his rude behavior, and not try to blame anyone or anything else for his bad behavior.

Robbin

US uses 9/11 as an excuse for everything. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I agree with Alex. It was a tragedy for sure, but what did the US do after Pearl Harbor? There was a pretty long stretch of time in there that it wasn't necessary to act all ape **** about everything and the US managed just fine.

Chris

This woman should take responsibility that her husband allowed a hand-full of sand negers to take over his plane and kill thousands.

Fan

Keep talking, Alec. Each of your whining words is losing you tens-of-thousands of fans.

A good person takes responsibility for their own actions.

Deborah

I love you Alex! You tell em.

Rahid

Yes, more and more people are waking up to the truth about 911 and how the government has used that false flag attack to take away our rights.
Thank you Alec for speaking out!!

Howling Drunky

I'm really upset that they threw Baldwin off the way they did. They should have waited until they were 10,000 feet up.

r macks

Gee ~ I thought Alec usually reserved this kind of behavior for conversations with his daughter. Why is anyone surprised? He's a self indulgent ego maniac.

eddy subwoofah

hello?? What the sh*t does this woman have to do with this situation? I'm with alec on this 100%. The ugly saggy fatass AA stewardess was most likely on a typical power trip.

Ria

He is NOT wrong in his comment. It seems more so out of line for the 9/11 widow to try to make people feel ashamed of referencing 9/11. It's not an off limits subject. We, as a cultural whole in the US, have witnesses changes in many aspects of our lives due to events of 9/11. I personally won't be stifled when trying to voice my observations, opinions, likes, dislikes, beliefs, comparisons, etc when it comes to referencing 9/11. People trying to define "pc" along the way are in essence interfering with our rights to free speech. Be careful with that, friends.

jojo

I agree with Cheryl's statement...Alec should own up and be accountable for his actions. Alec....Apologize that you made a mistake, shut your mouth, move on and follow the regulations like everyone else!

shagrath

funniest thing about this whole episode was after baldwin ran to twitter with his side of the story 2 witnesses 1 being oscar delahoya and another civilian both stated the same testimony, the airline asked him to shut off his phone, he wouldnt and afterwards became upset and slammed the bathroom door...i mean that just solidifies him as a liar and an a$$#0le.....case closed

Unbelievable

Just goes to show that the Hollywood "Elite" have more ego than common sense. This idiot (Baldwin) should keep his mouth shut before he gets himself in more trouble. I put him in the same category as Charlie (Loser) Sheen.

EarthAngel

OMG! We all know he probably never got a "gold star" for citizenship growing up, and probably needs a good attitude adjustment on a regular basis. Don;t condone the behavior....I see it as an example of what taking life just a little too seriously looks like LOL