Katt Williams

Wins Back Custody of Daughter:

Nanny Tried to Steal My Kid!

12/10/2011 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1209_kat_williams_tmz_EX
Katt Williams just won back custody of his 8-year-old adopted daughter -- after the girl's nanny allegedly lied to a judge to take her away from him ... this according to new legal docs.

TMZ broke the story last month -- a woman named Crystal McGhee went to L.A. court, seeking sole custody of Katt's daughter ... claiming she was the child's mother.

Katt failed to show up to fight McGhee's claim -- so the judge granted her request by default ... on the assumption McGhee was legit.

But Katt just filed new legal docs in L.A. County Superior Court -- claiming McGhee's nothing but a shameless fraud ... a former nanny "with no parental rights," who hasn't worked with the family for years. The judge has since overturned the previous order.

It's unclear what motivated McGhee to seek custody -- but Katt's legal docs suggest it has to do with California State parenting perks ... i.e. collecting government benefits.

Calls to McGhee were not returned.

Mel Zipskin

Gay homie! Gay dads are the coolest unless they're crackheads.

Nefertiti

If he loves his daughter so much why didn't he show up in court? If it were my child nothing could keep me away!!! Something doesn't sound right and I have a feeling there is a lot more to this situation.

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala!

I would like to see this guy pull himself together and work on new material. I still laugh whenever I see a kid dressed up at a laundromat.."is she going to marry Clorox?"LOL

jxtr

There is definitely something wrong with this story. There obviously is a lot of important information missing. I just cannot understand how a former nanny, that has not worked for him in years, can gain custody of his daughter.

Dee

So with that said, all I have to do is file a motion and hope the real parent doesn't show and pow; I have a kid? GTHOH It can't be this easy to just take someone's kid?

Joao

I bet he's glad to get his child back now he can return to getting his adoption subsidy money back... after all that's the only reason he has adopted... WTF is the agency thinking who are adopting kids out to this POS.

palermo

He looks like he is on "that stuff"

ManiacalZebra

If she was really a fraud, he would have been in court the first time to say she wasn't the mother. He must not like his kid very much to allow her to be shipped off to a random nanny and not even fight for her until he lost.

AlwaysOnTimeB

If this woman really wasn't the mom, why would the courts have granted her custody? Don't they check that kind of stuff out? It's just strange any way you look at it. If he was aware that their were court proceedings taking place that involved the custody of his daughter, why didn't he question the name on the subpoena? Unless he never got a subpoena...just shady.

daryl gardner

Three rivers baby....you know what I mean. We were friends !

Make Girl Friend

Its a good news

Fat Mike

Women should be born with shovels where their hands are supposed to be. It would be much more convenient for them.

Monique

How come you haven't published the pictures of Kim Kardashian in Haiti? You should break the news,she's in Haiti with Kris Jenner until Sunday. Looking for symphaty!!

Who does not show up to Court when a stranger is seeking custody of your child ??

Frieda

He probably didn't believe the judge would award a non-parent custody (it's not legal) but didn't expect her to lie about it! This is super creepy. I wonder what the psycho looks like

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments