« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Todd Marinovich

My Art Business is BOOMING!!

12/13/2011 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Todd MarinovichFormer Oakland Raiders quarterback Todd Marinovich has finally found success off the field ... as an artist ... and dude tells TMZ he's been blowin' up ever since his work was featured on an ESPN documentary this weekend.

Todd -- who battled serious drug addiction during and after he fizzled out of the NFL back in 1993 -- has been painting and sculpting non-stop ... telling us, "I've been sober for over three years ... the art is my main therapy."

Some of Todd's work was featured in the new ESPN documentary, "The Marinovich Project" ... and T.M. says the exposure is having an insane impact on his business, "Orders are pouring in for the prints."

Todd tells us the main piece of art featured in the doc is called, "The Alchemist" ... which is based on himself. "It's the most sought after print," Todd explains ... "I'm only making 100 of them and I'm almost sold out."

As for Todd's famously over-bearing father Marv -- Todd tells us, "He hasn't bought any of my art pieces yet ... but I've given him a few."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

moxie

Titled, Starry Football Player.

oldschoolbh

Todd fin ally found his calling!!! Beautiful art!! I knew we had not heard the last of him.

oldschoolbh

Florida girl--sorry you are so bitter. You are very smart and perceptive to figure out that a two hour special on ESPN helped him. What a douche!

northern gypsy

i'm not a football fan...however... i am a artist...
yes indeed...art can be therapy ...
what a wonderful story about this fellow ...

really?

I watched this ESPN show and couldnt believe what a selfish loser this guy is - to be enabled and created by his dad and unprotective mom. If anyone spends a dime on crap to further his loser life, then shame on them!

PPC

I watched the do***entary on ESPN, very well produced. I wish him all the luck in the world. I was a big fan of his skills on the football field and, unfortunately, he took a different path that was destructive. That being said, it seems like he has turned the corner, is sober, has a family, and cares about his well being. I hope he stays sober and his passion for art continues. Good Luck!

Kaffee

So nice to see a happy story--they ARE out there. Good luck to him!

geo

he never played for oakland. It was for los angeles

Steve

Todd is an awesome guy and it's great to see that he's found his true calling! His work is amazing too. ESPN2 is replaying Todd's do***entary tonight, 9:00 PST I believe, but double check! You may learn something about your own self.

EarthAngel

A SUCCESS STORY for the Holidays! So happy to see how he is doing....not an easy task for sure.....awesome :)

jim esch

good for todd,glad to see him on track with his life...and to the people who are bashing him on this story go f@#k yourself,how sad is it when a person gets his life on track and you want to put him down,what if this was your child,would you put him or her down for getting their life together.

Fantastic Four

Like, todd should do some artwork of him shooting up and being gorked out of his mind, man that would be really cool.

I always love it when athletes talk about recreational drugs like they're worse than steroids, man.

Like brock lesnar talking about pot like its worse than teh steroids he got arrested for selling in jan 2001.

Long time listener

Nothing cooler than a 40+ year old dude wearing his best Misfit*****. Twice.
Isn't that really the crime here?

Vernon P. Alarcon

ginger druggie

Joe M.

I'd like to second the commenter who pointed out that he never played for the Oakland Raiders. He played for the Los Angeles Raiders; it's kind of weird that they wouldn't be interested in correcting that...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments