Parents Org.

ANGRY Over Howard Stern --

NBC Has 'Lost Its Way'

12/15/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1215_howard_EX_02
A powerful parents organization is furious with NBC for hiring Howard Stern on "America's Got Talent" -- claiming the move is an "act of desperation for a flailing network."

The Parents Television Council has released a statement to TMZ ... claiming primetime TV is no place for Howard Stern ... "a performer who is synonymous with shock, profanity and obscenity."

The PTC says, "The once-proud broadcast network has lost its way and has made it clear it holds no concern whatsoever for children and families."

The group adds, "Not coincidentally, in just over three weeks the network will be standing before the United States Supreme Court arguing for the right to use the F-word at any time of the day, even in front of children."

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

chris

ba ba booey ba ba booey hoard sterns penis

ktreft2005

Oh my God! Shut up PTC! If you don't like what your kids are watching DON'T LET THEM WATCH IT! They have parental controls for a REASON! Get off your fat asses and pay attention to your kids. It's that simple, but of course you have to have someone to point your finger at when you're kids start misbehaving. Maybe next time you should turn it around and point it at yourself.

pam

NBC will see me cutting way back on watching there channel. I did watch America's got talent but never will as long as they keep Howard Stern on there.

GAYLE

I will stop watching the show !!! I have never like Howard and never will, he is nasty and rude !!!! This is or rather was a family show but with him in it, my family won't be watching..!!!!

Jeff Brady

Looks like there are a bunch of close minded prudes commenting here! Howard just talks about on his show what 90% of all of us men think about, he isn't going to talk about sex and obscenities on a national TV show! Howard is the only reason I would even think abou*****ching that show, maybe it will be a little entertaining now for once!

whitthefug

I love Howard Stern! He will help make the show a huge hit, I'm definitely tuning in.

Chris

Howard Stern is generally pretty tame, it's the people and features on his show that are not. Since it will be Howard on NBC, and not "The Howard Stern Show" I don't see the fear. He goes on Letterman and is civil. The guy is very smart, and very socially aware. Anyone opposing that hasn't heard his show before other than possibly a soundbite.

mary

I haven't seen Howard Stern do anything on the show that would be considered awful! I agree though -- Kids LOVE the show and we often watch it as a family, so if he were to start doing anything offensive toward children it would be a disappointment, but I would have to stop allowing the kids to watch it....I agree parents do need to be in control as much as possible over what their kids see on tv. Its just a shame so many tv shows are inappropriate towards kids -- it seems kids can barely watch tv anymore.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9