'Lean On Me' Actor Arrested

for Buying 200 POUNDS of Weed

12/15/2011 3:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Hopkins Mug Shot
The guy who starred as troubled youth Thomas Sams in the 1989 classic "Lean On Me" was arrested in Arizona for allegedly buying 200 pounds of pot from an undercover cop this week.

Jermaine "Huggy" Hopkins has been charged with two felony counts of possessing, transporting and trying to sell marijuana.

According to police, the 38-year-old actor lives in North Carolina ... but traveled to AZ to make the drug deal on Tuesday.

Cops in Maricopa County say they set up the sting operation ... and after Hopkins took possession of the dope, they pulled over his SUV and arrested him. Cops say they found $100k in cash in the ride.

Officials later searched Hopkins' Arizona apartment and claim they found an additional 100 pounds of weed.

Police say Hopkins told them he got involved in the drug deal to provide a nice Christmas for his family.

Hopkins is being held on $35,000 bond. If convicted, he faces up to 5 years in prison.

Huggy Bear

It kills your brain cells boy! It kills your brain cells! obviously his brain cells have long since been fried

dela

leaving N.C. 2 buy weed in Arizona, nigguh yu shooda went 2 fla.

tricia8114

But he promised Mr. Clark ....

DD Ashurst-Thomas

So sad!

Dee

It kills ya brain cells son, it kills ya brain cells!!!

Mel

Hey better call Mr Clark. lol :)

Awarrior

Mr Sams! Mr. Sams! Didn't I tell you to stay outta trouble Mr. Sams? Now look what you done done Mr. Sams. You done gone and got yourself in some deep doo-doo Mr. Sams. Now you got until your first court date to learn the school song, and I want you to sing it before the judge. You understand me Mr. Sams? You disgust me Mr' Sams. Now get outta my face!

joker_X

Did he NOT learn anything from Mr. Clark in that damn drama? lol!

bob

Crazy to go to jail for something thats just about legal in some states, and really has hardly no health hazards. oh well he knew the risk

Awarrior

Mr Sams! Mr. Sams! Didn't I tell you to stay outta trouble Mr. Sams? Now look what you done done Mr. Sams. You done gone and got yourself in some deep doo-doo Mr. Sams. Now you got until your first court date to learn the school song, and I want you to sing it before the judge. You understand me Mr. Sams? Now get outta my face!

Ginger Bridge

Ya smoke crack don't cha...look at me boy ya smoke crack don't cha??

mobfella31

You threw your life away fatboy" in my joe clark voice

TERRI AUSTIN

christ has been completely taken out of christmas! we waste so much time preparing for christmas with money, and materialism that we have lost sight on what christmas is really all about! caring, and sharing of our time, and family togetherness, friendships, and the joy the day brings! christmas has been turned into a gutteness mess! and greedyness! sad!

Rick

Ut-ohh.....Mr. Clark won't be happy when he hears about this one....smh

lfwalsh

I say if you want to kill yourself - don't **** around with it - do it expeditiously . . . jump!