Etta James is Terminally Ill

Doctor Asks for Prayers

12/16/2011 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Etta James
Etta James -- famous for her incredible rendition of "At Last" -- is "terminally ill" ... so says her live-in doctor ... who is now asking fans to pray for the 73-year-old singer.

According to the doctor, Etta's chronic leukemia was declared incurable two weeks ago.

Etta -- whose health has been on a rapid decline the last few years -- was hospitalized in May over a life-threatening blood infection. Months before, the singer was diagnosed with both dementia and leukemia.

Proud2bBlack

You are loved, forever. For all the unions you were a part of in song. Thank you. Thank you for allowing my husband to reveal that I was his true love "At Last". Relax and sweet dreams dear wonderful woman. kisses and hugs from the Chi

Lizzie

There is NO, NO, NO one who can sing "At Last" like THE
LEGEN MISTRESS OF SOUL~ETTA JAMES!! I PRAY that she IS
resting peacefully & in total serenity!! PRAYERS(SSSSSS) 4 HER!! MAX, MAX, MAX, MAX IS SOOOOOO HANDSOME, CUTE & ADORABLE!! That DISGUSTING richard~the dumb ass **** is NOT, NOT, NOT funny, get rid of him, oh yeah, he's a jew boy like small, tiny, little harvey is a jew... The Irish gent IS handsome and FUN!! Where is Yogi!!

writenow

Etta James is the real deal. Not many people can sing just two words...and EVERYONE is suddenly transported to another place and time.

J

Diane Warren just tweeted that Etta has died.

Cheryl Rose

My prayers are with you Miss Etta. You have such a beautiful voice. The angels will welcome you to their choir

Nefertiti

My prayers are with her and her family.

Arcadia Rink

Etta is an ICON. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

JO

I love her makeup here. And I'm sorry for her. :S

Bessie

@@@@Jackson: 7 hours ago

What kind of doctor asks for prayers?

A GOOD DOCTOR IS ONE THAT ASK FOR PRAYERS AFTER HE/SHE HAS DONE ALL HE/SHE CAN DO FOR A PERSON !!!!!

yomama

pray in one hand and poop in the other...... praying... the best way to do nothing while claiming to be doing something.
Christopher Hitchens - a man of strong intellect, passion and humanity left the world today and never requested a single prayer.

BeachBOB

God Bless Etta, and we will be praying for her. Etta has provided us with an enormous amount of pleasure over several decades and she will live on forever to all of her loving fans.

MP

So very sad. Ms. James is an icon and a treasure and At Last is one of the best songs of all time.

mrsw

Many prayers for Miss James. It has been a tough year for too many of the greats.

starhistorian

Etta you have given me many years of listening enjoyment and I'm so sorry that you are so Ill and I wish you godspeed!

dootise

I got to interview her for television in Santa Barbara many moons ago...magnificent and fun!hope she is feeling no pain.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments