Etta James is Terminally Ill

Doctor Asks for Prayers

12/16/2011 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Etta James
Etta James -- famous for her incredible rendition of "At Last" -- is "terminally ill" ... so says her live-in doctor ... who is now asking fans to pray for the 73-year-old singer.

According to the doctor, Etta's chronic leukemia was declared incurable two weeks ago.

Etta -- whose health has been on a rapid decline the last few years -- was hospitalized in May over a life-threatening blood infection. Months before, the singer was diagnosed with both dementia and leukemia.

FUTOO

Here's one thing for certain--you rocked Mama; just wanted to tell you that.

Pat Van Alders

I Love Etta James! Bless This Talented Lady----My Favourite Song By Etta Has Always Been: TELL MAMA---{From 1968}

LaureenMillarHolt

Hope that she recovers from whatever's ailing her.....

kim

MAY HER PAIN BE NO MORE SO SHE CAN ENJOY HER LAST DAYS WITH A SMILE AND NOT A FROWN...

ExLADA

Patty,you are right, Ms. James is an American treasure. Whenever I hear "At Last" I tear up, she just had such a beautiful voice. Brilliant! I hope for an easy passing for her.

linda

Etta gave the world all she had to give as a singer. She is a legend who made it through discrimination and had the guts to say things like she saw them. Go straight to heaven Miss James, God is waiting for you!

dandilion

Soon you will be in heaven, out of pain, with your full mind intact and singing your lovely songs.. You don't recover from Terminal Leukemia.

Larry K. Curtis

I WILL always love YOU . . .

JJ Garcia

Etta James has been an IDOL of mine ever since I first listened to her famous song "My Dearest Darling" in the 60's and I will PRAY to OUR ALL MIGHTY GOD OUR LORD for HER
Quick recovery and CURE! May GOD Bless Her for all She has contributed to OUR LIVES all these years!!!

FRAN LOMAX

I GREW UP KNOWING THE VOICEMOF THE GREAT ETTA JAMES.MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HER AND HER FAMILY.

vj

A beautiful soul God will provide.

lgwelsh1

She is a great one, sad to see her in this state but she had a great career and an amazing life.

Sherry

The very best R & B singer of all time!

Stella

I really hate to hear that! I love that song and I have always loved Ms Etta James. So much talent. None can duplicate.

Truth

ETTA JAMES WON 4 GRAMMYS AND IS INDUCTED IN ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME. THE LAST TIME SHE SANG "AT LAST" ON NATIONAL TV... DANCING WITH THE STARS 2009. THE SAME YR BITCH BEYAAWWNCE SWAGGER JACKED THE TRACK FOR CADILLAC RECORDS AND EVEN WON A GRAMMY FOR IT I BELIEVE... THAT'S WHEN ETTA JAMES LASHED OUT AT FAKE BEYAAWWNCE AT ONE OF HER CONCERTS. ETTA'S SON SAID IT WAS DUE TO OLD AGE AND BEING SICK. I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT WHEN TONS OF ARTISTS HAVE CALLED BEYAAWWWNCE A SWAGGER JACKER. TRUTH!!
DWTS - ETTA JAMES SINGS "AT LAST".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments