Chaz Bono

Calling Off His Engagement

12/19/2011 12:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1219_chaz_bono_jennifer_ella_getty_exChaz Bono and his fiancée, Jennifer Elia, have called off their engagement and "are no longer a couple" ... a rep for Bono tells TMZ.

Bono's rep, Howard Bragman, tells TMZ, "They leave this relationship with great love, respect and affection toward one another. No further amplification will be forthcoming and they ask that you respect their privacy at this time."

Bono's proposal to Elia was seen last month on the show, "Being Chaz." (below)

The couple had been dating since 2005.

Nicole

I'm glad for Jennifer. It felt like Chaz was trying to use the engagement to control her behavior (drinking,) which just isn't fair. She stuck with him through everything, he should have done the same for her.
Hope they both find happiness, though.

Bagman

So if I think I am santa clause, they think I am crazy, it I talk to people that are not real, they think I am crazy, if I think I am the opposite sex, they say poor baby and leave me alone, this world is screwed up !!! help these people just like you would help any other mentally unstable person, and it has nothing to do with being gay, just the thinking opposite sex things....

dave

Shocking. This is a lesbo couple.. chaz's gf wanted a woman, not a woman turned man but still a woman. Had chaz gotten a peepee they wouldn't have been lesbians any more. This is messed up..

wirelessmom

I suppose the money from "Dancing" is gone, so the girl fled. If she's a lesbian, she wanted a girl. If she's straight, she wanted a man. "Chaz" filled neither order. Who, in their right mind would ever want to get into bed with that?

Dennis Johnson

Why do you all call a titless girl a man???????????????I know one thing she has NO BALLS!

Eric Anderson

Hope their marriage parallels the "tequila worm" memoirs if there ever were.

grumpiestoldman

Do like my avatar?

RENE' MCCANLESS

So I have to know... If you are a lesbian in a lesbian releationship with another lesbian, then you have a sex change to a man..... doesnt that change both lesbians to heterosexual people? How can either one of them be lesbians anymore?

Kyle

Not to be cruel, but seriously what halfway attractive normal woman would desire a "Chaz"...

Cynthia

I knew once Chasity became Chaz, the relationship would go under. The fiance is a lesbian, who wanted to be with a woman and not a man. Chaz sex changed compromised the relationship.

Rebecca

she(he) chaz, made an ugly girl and even uglier man.......who gives a rats ass........

Storm

Trying to figure out this whole gay thing on why a lesbian would want a "man" is pretty confusing. Whatever.
Good luck to both of them.

Jim

I don't this sounds harsh, but I really am curious, what did they use to make Chaz Bono's ****?

Eli

no **** - no his.

Eli

Her engagement. typo, no problem. glad to help.