Rihanna

SLAMS 'Racist' Dutch Magazine

for 'Degrading' Article

12/21/2011 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1220_rihanna_BN_01
Rihanna
unloaded on the editor of a popular Dutch magazine this week -- furious over an article that referred to her as a "N**gaB*tch."

In the original article that ran in "Jackie" magazine -- editor Eva Hoeke approved copy that read, "Rihanna, the good girl gone bad, is the ultimate n**gab*tch and displays that gladly."

Rihanna was PISSED -- and responded with a Twitter message to Hoeke which read, "I hope u can read english, because your magazine is a poor representation of the evolution of human rights!"

She added, "I find you disrespectful, and rather desperate!! You ran out of legit, civilized information to print! There are 1000's of Dutch girls who would love to be recognized for their contributions to your country, you could have given them an article. Instead, u paid to print one degrading an entire race!"

Hoeke has since resigned from her position -- and the magazine says she has been "taunted and threatened" after referring to the slur as a "joke" in what's being considered a half-assed apology.

The magazine has invited Rihanna to talk things out with them for an article in the next issue. Don't hold your breath, Jackie.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kayla

HAHAHAHA.

jack

I hate it when people use the N word and Rihanna is right to be upset about it, but I'm confused as to when it's ok to use the N word as even Chris brown uses it in his lyrics along with lots of other alleged musical "artists" Can someone let us know what is politicly correct and whats offensive?

jr70895

So, I guess the truth hurts

Dominic

How stupid, somehow I think this mag and the Kardashians are links. They say the dumbest things

Buckaroobonzai

i don't think they degraded an entire race... just her, and deservedly so. She admits she doesn't want to be a role model in any way and she dates thug-type guys. I think she fits the bill.

Perky

I don't get it ... she can say it, but nobody else can ? She's got a patent on the term or something ?

EquilibriumOne

All this indignation coming from a girl who frequently wears a necklace with the word c**t on it...

J.d

I live in Harlem.
Every second word I hear on the street in N****r. I have seen and heard 5 or 6 year olds say it to each other.
Rihanna probably calls her friends that word all the time. You can't pick and choose where a word is acceptable.

Rhubino

Total blow-up doll pic.

writenow

Rhianna isn't gansta....but she likes to hang with bad guys who beat up women. Which means she's just screwed up. Another screwed up girl who can sing. This has been going on a long time. Thugs aren't men. They're only thugs. Dumb girls never learn.

Rhubino

I'm not a N**gaB*tch, I'm a cu*t dammit. Whatever.

Tammy

Based on her actions, I think the magazine got it right and she's just upset because the truth hurts. She can wipe her righteous indignation with the money she's made acting like what the magazine called her.

reeeealllly

So Rihanna, who wears necklaces with such lovely sayings as c**t, f**k you, for all the world to see, including the children who idolize her, is shocked that someone took notice of it? She clearly has no respect for herself or her fans. Her talent is irrefutable, but her nasty attitude and the way she carries herself is certainly not worthy of praise. She is clearly classless, so she really needs to get off the high and mighty horse and see that what she portrays is exactly what that woman's article described. Rihanna is the one who degrades women.

Sassy

Sorry, the slang used between friends should not be used by some magazine in that way. I've seen White and Black and Latin friends call each other the N word. Yes, I have seen people of other races call their Black friend "n**ga" and its all cool because they allow it between themselves. There's a difference here! Some outsider comes along and says it and you don't know which hole they are talking out of or if they are trying to disrespect you from behind the veil of being "hip." I think Rihanna is right! Did you people read the entire article? It's really dumb. Which editor thought it was okay? Me, personally? I can't stand the word! But it's so far ingrained, it'll take a decade or more for people to pu***** out of their vocabulary.

Ace

I'm really getting tired of this double standard. Either the "N" word can be used by anyone or nobody. It shouldn't matter if you are black, white or other.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments