George Michael

Pneumonia Nearly Killed Me

'The Worst Month of My Life'

12/23/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1223_george_michael_month_embed
George Michael just showed his face for the first time since being rushed to a Vienna hospital last month with a serious case of pneumonia -- telling reporters, the illness nearly killed him.

George spoke to reporters outside his London home this morning -- claiming, doctors spent "three weeks basically keeping me alive ... It was by far, the worst month of my life."

George choked up, insinuating he had been in a coma during his time in the ICU -- "I spent the last ten days since I woke up literally thanking people for saving my life."

GM was forced to cancel his European tour over the illness -- but promises to play several concerts to make up for it ... including a private concert just for the docs who saved his life.

Athina

He is lucky to have survived it. A whole lot of people are going to die from pneumonia in the future. Few antibiotics are effective against it anymore. This is thanks to over-prescribing and people not finishing their medication. So if you get pneumonia, you may be staring a death sentence in the face.

TheUltraworld

Maybe now he'll stay out of public rest rooms looking for love (i.e. A Hand job) and wash his hands 10 times a day. This is usually a sign of an illness that can make you susceptible to other nasty illnesses.

Willie'sNelson

Good ta no hes ok and pnumonia can kill ya.

Oh My

I was very touched by his comments. I'm straight and definitely not all that accepting of the gay lifestyle. But he's a human being and from what I just saw, a pretty good one.

I wish him well and wish the gay community could avoid these diseases.

PokerStar

Close call George, someone is watching over you.

CriticXtreme

You need to leave the man wood alone. You're trying to pickup people in a dirty, nasty place like a men's room. Some Men are truly unclean and with Your lust and behavior is what caused your sickness. I think that you would really be sick if you actually took a trip to a women's devil paradise. I know because of your alternative lust, this would definitely would make you sick but if you actually were at least seen with hot young girl, you could get some street cred for your already destroyed career. Always remember that too many Dees is bad for your health.

buzz kill

Pneumonia ha! I thought he choked on a sausage.

Karston

Half of these comments are from cruel people that are miserable and trying to bring people down into their misery...I will pray for you all. George...I wish you a speedy recovery so you can sing for all of US again.

Joan K

Happy for you George that you are getting better, take care and have a great Christmas.

cranky

He puts on fun concerts and still is a great vocalist he must have been quite frightened when finding himself unable to breathe.

bring back recent posts

.wow..he is really struggling with his lungs still..I hope he rebounds from it so that he can sing again...and not do it b4 he is 100% better or he could very easily relapse...

Lorenzo

MERRY CHRISTMAS GEORGE!!!! Straight guy here but I love you and your music, been a fan since I was in 9th grade (1984) PLEASE TAKE THIS AS YOUR WAKE-UP CALL!!!!!!!

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Pneumonia? In other words...AIDS.

tellmeaboutit

Good luck to George. He's a great talent, but someone who began to believe his own press and got off on the wrong road. I'm glad he's recovering and hope he can get it together.

This should be a cautionary tale for that idiot Lambert, (even if he's nowhere near the talent George is), but of course, it won't be.

Dylan

wham make it big was the first musical cassette i ever bought years ago.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments