Katherine Jackson

Takes a Pic With

Michael Jackson Impersonator

12/26/2011 8:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson with a Michael Jackson impersonator
Katherine Jackson posed for a photo with William Hall, a Michael Jackson impersonator, following the "Legends in Concert" at Harrah's Las Vegas on Friday.

A little creepy, no?

=)

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”
-George Bernard Shaw

truth hurts

She knows her son was loved by many so she was probably doing the impersonator a favor.

Butterfly

Michael Jackson's groundbreaking Thriller has been named the greatest video of all time by musicians, almost three decades after it was created.

The creepy film, which sees the late singer transformed into both a werewolf and a zombie, narrowly beat Lady Gaga's raunchy Telephone in the poll.

Another vintage promo - Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, which dates back to 1975 - was third in the vote by musicians' website musicradar.com.
Advertisement >>

Thriller, made by John Landis, the director of An American Werewolf In London, is credited with turning pop videos into an art form of their own.

The 14-minute film was the most expensive of its day, when it was first shown in 1983, and cost half a million dollars to create.

Gaga's violent Telephone is another epic, weighing in at nine minutes and was created by Jonas Akerlund, who was behind Prodigy's controversial Smack My Bitch Up, which is seventh in the list.

Will Groves, editor-in-chief of MusicRadar, said: "Lady Gaga ran Thriller very close, but it still seems right that the promo that saw the birth of the pop video as a cultural event should hold the top spot - for now."

The full list will be counted down at musicradar.com. The top 10 is:

1. Michael Jackson - Thriller

2. Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce - Telephone

3. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

4. Johnny Cash - Hurt

5. Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

6. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

7. The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

8. Beastie Boys - Sabotage

9. Foo Fighters - Everlong

10. Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/12/26/michael-jackson-s-thriller-named-greatest-music-video-of-all-time-115875-23660...017/#ixzz1hlNRE2Gu

kelly

I was there and they announced she was there too, but we didn't believe it. I guess it was true.

aston

Isn't that a little strange? Did she want to, or did she feel compelled? I would probably avoid such a situation. A dead son's impersonator...?

aston

I never understood the point of someone trying to look like, and perform, like Michael Jackson. There was only one MJ, with that special moves and voice and charisma, and that's the person we're interested in. If I can't have him (watching him being alive) I certainly don't want a copy. When I saw This is It, even though he wasn't in tiptop shape, my eyes were glued to him (and I wasn't even a fan before he passed). I didn't even notice the young, fit dancers around him, many of whom were much more agile. It didn't matter. They were not him, and they didn't have a fraction of his presence on stage.

moni

Hi aston,
I feel exactly the same. It's Michael for me, or nothing! Nothing, nothing, nothing! I don't even want to visit the "Cirque"-show, that certainly IS a masterpiece and a fantastic way to honor Michael and keep his art alive. It's just that it makes me so terribly sad to see others perform his songs and dance moves when it should actually be HIM on stage!
As for the impersonators: It's simply a question of demand and supply. As long as there are enough people who enjoy watching an MJ look-alike, there will be such. And basically it's a compliment for Michael as well, isn't it? It's just the very special, the very unique artists who are copied – those who created something completely new, something the world has never seen before. Something immortal. Something like Michael Jackson did.

nico

Creepy yeah, I don't think she looks anything like Katherine Jackson!

Luz

It was very nice of her to pose with him (MJ impersonator).
I bet he'll never forget this moment.He will always be greatful to her.
All these mean, haters writing all these nasty and inapropriate comments. Always quick to negatively judge what they don't understand. A true artist is always developing and seeking perfection in what he/she does. That Michael had skin conditions and went over the top with his looks, well, in the entertainment business there's no place for mediocrity. And looking common, looks boring. If Lady Gaga looked like the rest of us, she would have never stuck to our minds, and nobody would know who Lady Gaga is. Michael Jackson knew this business too well. That's why he was always reinventing himself and perfecting his craft. That's why he IS the biggest entertainment of the world!
May GOD bless Michael Jackson and his Family! I love you, Michael.

Luz

And by the way, she doesn't need need to get paid a nickel to do appearances. Her family has worked for most of their lives and her son left her very well off. That was his choice. This woman is a multimillionaire. And she's not a media whore. Actually, the media seeks her because of her presence.

b

This is sick! the woman is obviously mentally I'll and being directed on what to do. That weirdo impersonator looks nothing like her dead son. He was even uglier when he tried to be white. She should remember her Afro headed 6 year old not the child molester want to be.

Shontele

Very creepy. That would be hard for me.

Rainbow Heydrich

Not as creepy as Conrad Murray posing at Forest Lawn...