Jeremy London

Will Be Charged

For Alleged Baby Mama Attack

12/29/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1229_jeremy_london_Melissa_Cunningham_getty_EX
Jeremy London will be charged with domestic violence -- a month after the actor allegedly beat up his baby mama in Palm Springs -- this according to the Riverside County D.A.'s office.

As we previously reported ... cops were on the lookout for London to question him about the fight -- during which he allegedly injured his estranged wife Melissa Cunningham.

According to police, the ex-couple was fighting over custody of their son -- and London flew off the handle ... then beat a hasty retreat. London's lawyers have since been in communication with cops.

Now, a rep for the D.A. tells TMZ, the office has made a decision to charge London with one count of misdemeanor domestic violence. If convicted, London faces a year in jail.

update_bar
4:05 PM PT: A rep for Jeremy tells us, "The allegation is false and no such abuse occurred. It is unfortunate that the DA's Office has elected to reward Melissa's malicious behaviour and disregard the facts regarding the incident."

reddancergal

Fair enough. Adam Lambert and his boyfriend should be charged too. You needn't end up in hospital for a fight to be violent. And an assault.

VictoriaGirl

I really hate that expression "baby mama". I think its so disrespectful. How about referring to these women as "the mother of (so and so's) child"?

andy

HEY, . . . WAIT A MINUTE!!!
I thought "Dr. Drew" had CURED this guy!?!?!?!?!?
GOOD GRIEF!!!

Fan

Yeah, wasn't Jeremy London the guy who made up the story about being abducted and forced to smoke crack and do other drugs? Then he played the poor victim. Loser.

Johnny Carcinoma

Who is he and who cares? Any man/boy who beats on a woman should have his (tiny) balls removed.

Denver

"Baby Mama". Ridiculous and demeaning. And until this point, the majority of times TMZ used that term was for another demographic. Almost as bad as "back in the day" for the calendar/history challenged. Hopefully those terms and anything Kardashian will be at a minimum here in 2012.

cindy

Wasn't he the same guy on Celeb Rehab. And he claimed some strange people kidnapped him and "forced him to smoke weed or crack" I forget which one.

CelticsLover

I watched the both on Celebrity Rehab...I would have beat her ass too.

SusanCoyote

Two crack-heads!

tori

I like Jeremy and saw him on Celebrity rehab where he genuinely in my opinion sought help to get better. His wife(not baby mama)on the other hand was an over the top plastic surgery,unreasonable drug user who seemed off the wall so if I had to choose between the two,I'd say he probably was defending himsel****ainst her if anything.

Perky

Probably another one of those "Oh, I can assault you, but you can't assault me back ..." because the courts are stacked against the man.

charley

any man that beats a woman is a coward...a bstard...a jerk...and a losing (p).......rick.....Jeremey London is that man!

Carl

I didn't realize The Joker had a daughter.

nomer

And they called it 7th heaaaaavvvvvven!

Kathryn

OMG...his "baby mama" is FUGLY. What a horse face! seriously.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments