Rob Lowe

There's No Replacing Regis!

1/7/2012 6:06 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0107_rob_low_video
Our photog asked Rob Lowe straight up yesterday at LAX -- would he be interested in taking over Regis Philbin's chair next to Kelly Ripa -- and he certainly didn't give us a straight answer.

As TMZ first reported, ABC loved the chemistry between Rob and Kelly during his two-day guest hosting stint this week and have already approached the "Parks and Recreation" star to gauge his interest in coming aboard full-time.

So far, we're told, he's been noncommittal.

jetfanglo

u'd be great.....the show is tanking,maybe u can pull in more viewers......got a felling when "Untouchable" airs ur gonna be hotter than hell.......

MarieD1969

The show is tanking, luv Kelly but she doesn't have the hosting chops. The PRODUCERS should've concentrated more on finding an adequate replacement instead of haggling with old dude over his contract. Rob is OK, but he may not be able to pull the show back from the brink of death!

Throwback kid

Rob did all the talk shows this week and he came off as smug and very boring. If he was just average looking I don't think anyone would want to listen to anything he says. Maybe they could get Judd Nelson to replace Regis, can anyone at TMZ confirm that Judd Nelson is even still alive?

john

Is it me or does Rob's smile in this photo look like Michael Jackson after a few surgeries; circa 1999?

HamptonsHarry

He is so hot, love The Outsiders. Sodapop Curtis yeah

Sandra

The show is a lame duck!! Regis overstayed his time and Kelly is boring! Rob Lowe wouldn't be an asset to a show that will hopefully be off air soon as he is not relatable in any way!!

loungecat

Isn't there a video of brain-dead Lowe having sex with two 16-yr olds? Yeah perfect choice Not lol

Rex

I guess I missed something. I watched the shows with Rob Lowe and didn't see this "chemistry" that they are speaking of. What I saw was a smug Rob Lowe, Kelly trying too hard and both of them overshadowing their guests. In fact, Rob Lowe, in my opinion has been one of the least successful guest hosts. Some of my favorites so far have been: Jerry Seinfeld, Josh Grobin, Neil Patrick Harris and Michael Buble. Keep searching.

Sheila

There is NO REPLACING Regis. The show isn't very good now that he is gone. Another MAN just can't step in and fill his shoes. ABC/Buena Vista made a big mistake trying to make him take a pay cut. He is/was the show. Rename it Live with Kelly & The Titanic.

Kaffee

Can't replace Regis--PERIOD! They should have paid the old guy and kept him--the show is doomed without him.

kar

I say they need to hire Neil Patrick Harris. He is so funny and they have great chemistry together. Rob would be ok but he has a habit of leaving shows and I don't think he would be around for the long haul. Plus his kids are teenagers and they live in California. I can't believe Rob would leave California or leave his family in California just for this show.

DeeWA2010

No offense to Rob, but he's the LAST person I would consider. Michael Strahan even Josh Groban would be better. BUT, like Rob appears to have said, "NO ONE CAN REPLACE REGIS!"

Fyona

Rob Lowe was not that great a co-hosting. Nick Lachey, should be in the running, at least he is a willing participant(halloween show). The other guys that were mentioned have really good gigs and I don't think that they would leave them to do this show.

stu

Brothers & Sisters,Parks,Live w/ Kelly =robbie needs a new agent.

bring back recent posts

...hmmmm....the disney peeps really considering hiring a sex addict who was into teenage girls??????..and why does Kelly ALWAYS do that Oprah introduction when she names her co-host for the day????..can't tolerate it anymore..miss Reege!!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments