Katy Perry

Takes Swipe at Her Parents

1/8/2012 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108_katy_perry_tweet
Katy Perry lashed out at her parents last night for playing armchair quarterbacks in her divorce with Russell Brand.

Keith and Mary Hudson, who are ministers, said earlier this week ... the blessing in Katy's divorce is that it created interest in their ministry.

Katy tweeted last night ...  she was " grateful for all the love and support" she's gotten from her fans. But she followed that up by saying that no one speaks for her ... including her family.

Seems she is pissed ...

ChloeMarie

Yawn.

livereater

1st

Fan

Poor Katy Perry...

Her voice is heavily auto-tuned in her songs. Her face is somewhat bulky and square for a "pretty" girl. Worst of all, when she played a special concert at her high school, she sang a homophobic song to a former flame who didn't really like her all that much.

Look inside for the problems, babe.

Oh, she does have wonderful breasts.

HH

Good for you Katy. Its appalling to me that your parents are using your divorce as an opportunity to line their coffers...

Liz

Good for her - you'd think her parents would try to comfort her instead of using the divorce to promote their own agenda.

UPYOURS

Cannot say as I blame her. You don't use your kid's divorce to "drum up business". They should be ashamed.

TMZ_Admin

"Close sources" aka Harvey.

awards

OK! Got anything you want to say before you eat your way out of the shallow end of the gene pool?

moxie

Oh for the love of God, nobody give a slag what you say, what your parents say, or what anybody else has to say about you. Blugger off, nose wart.

ladyofargonne

My father warned me about my fist husband - I wish I had listened. I say plenty about my kids' relationships. And I'm no minister.

Celeb Gossip Addict

I don't blame her. Their decision to profit from her divorce by using it in for hire sermons is outrageous at best. I'm embarrassed for her.

Everyones~A~Star

Selfish....thinking God made your daughter divorce to bring you more attention. Selfish.

Altitude

Shame on her parents! Typical Christian babble about validating an event that is unsettling to the participants. Where's "the blessing" in a very emotional upheaval that causes pain and in some case*****red? Leave your self-righteous religious insanity for your own narrow-minded lack of reasonable intelligence. Do not shove this crap down your children's throat you idiots!

IceGypsy

Every once in a while, a girl has to remind her parents it's "Her Life". Hopefully now they will respect her wishes.

Who Knew

This is lashing out TMZ. You guys really need for Brittny or Lindsey to go crazy again.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments